I lost ALL my music. - Vista did it. (help)

Started by Stefen, July 02, 2007, 11:12:11 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Yeah, I should try that first. Thanks for the suggestion, Walrus.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Demonoid has been taken down by the RIAA and the MPAA.

With torrentspy and isohunt now blocking American users, our choices for pirated crap is getting slim. I hope we don't have to start paying or shit again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Heinsbergen

fuck! i just recently got an invite for demonoid and they got so much amazing shit in there...
when i was a little kid i wanted to know what caused thunder.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on July 10, 2007, 11:36:02 PM
Heres some other great blogs I've found in my pursuit to get my music back.

http://www.nodatta.blogspot.com/

Fuck me!!!

Not So Fast...

THANKS TO ALL NODATTA'S FRIENDS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS NOT A JOKE. AFTER 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS THE RIAA HAS CLOSED OUR WEB SITE.

BUT WE WON´T STOP OF SHARING MUSIC, AND WE WILL COME BACK.

YOU MUST WAIT FOR NEWS IN
http://www.lastfm.es/group/●●●+no+data+●●●

THANKS AGAIN
WEBMASTERS: NELSSON & GABRIEL

Anyone know of other good sharing sites? Looking for Deerhoof and Arcade Fire links.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Well, that sucks. I would always DL random stuff from there so I didn't waste my ratio on oink.

Mac, are you a member of waffles or what.cd? I don't have any invites now since I've handed most of them to people here, but I'll send you one once I get some if you wanna PM me your e-mail.

Reinhold

is there another Vista (doesn't let customers use their own PC's the way they want to) Thread?

Microsoft warns on Vista update

Microsoft is warning Windows Vista users that a forthcoming service pack for the operating system may stop some third-party programs working.

The software giant has released a list of programs that may be broken by the SP1 update for Vista.

Most of the software hit by the upgrade are security programs that prevent Windows users falling prey to viruses, trojans and booby-trapped webpages.

The Windows Vista update will be released to the public in mid-March.

Update loop

Service Packs are among the biggest updates Microsoft issues for its various operating systems. The software firm said SP1 makes Vista more secure and reliable and introduces some new features.

The list of programs affected by SP1 is divided into three. Some will be blocked by the update, some will not run and others will lose some of their functions.

PROGRAMS HIT BY SP1
BitDefender AV
Fujitsu Shock Sensor
Jiangmin KV Antivirus 10
Jiangmin KV Antivirus 2008
Trend Micro Internet Security
Zone Alarm Security Suite
Iron Speed Designer
Xheo Licensing
Free Allegiance
NYT Reader
Rising Personal Firewall
Novell ZCM Agent
Of the 12 programs mentioned, six block viruses or keep an eye on the places someone visits online.
Microsoft warned that its list was not "comprehensive" and asked people to get in touch with the maker of any affected software to fix problems.

Although the update will become widely available in March, Microsoft is releasing it to business customers in February.

Microsoft has also been forced to withdraw an update to Vista that was required before Service Pack 1 could be applied.

Writing on the Windows Vista blog, Nick White, Microsoft product manager, said the company had withdrawn the preparatory update while it investigated.

Isolated reports suggest that some machines on which the preliminary update has been applied go into an update loop.

He wrote: "We are working to identify possible solutions and will make the update available again shortly after we address the issue."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/technology/7205059.stm

Published: 2008/02/22 10:45:18 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This isn't so much about Vista, as it is about losing all my music to my external hard drive, but does anyone know of a cheap alternative for having data recovered from a faulty hard drive?

The prices are looking steep, and I'm not sure what exactly instigated the trauma.  I haven't dropped it or anything, it's just ceasing to be recognized by the computer and the light that it has is blinking now instead of staying steady, like normal.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Well, my external harddrive died today. It's working, I just can't get my computer to recognize it. I plug it in and nothing comes up and nothing is shown in device manager or my computer.

Fuck it.

I'm just going to start buying CD's again. What's a good place to purchase cd's online? Preferably something indie or not too corporate and not too expensive.

I'm open to suggestions.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefen on May 08, 2008, 09:21:10 PMPreferably something indie or not too corporate and not too expensive.

elitist...

Stefen

last days of gerry the elephant

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on August 16, 2008, 07:44:12 PM
Theres alot of good searchable albums here.

http://www.sordomusic.com/db/

Thanks. This one is proving to be a great source; lots of rarities too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks