Darren Aronofsky

Started by MacGuffin, May 22, 2003, 03:15:25 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: 72teeth on August 31, 2011, 07:20:59 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on August 31, 2011, 06:55:17 PM
Darren Aronofsky Kicks Off Venice Film Festival With Off-Color Joke
The "Black Swan" director and jury president tells George Clooney to watch out for residual urine from last year's event.
Source: THR

"Let's just say you should be happy this building has been refurbished," Aronofsky said. "Last year, I sat there between Natalie Portman and the president of Italy, and I think I peed in my pants. But they say the place has been redone, so I guess any humidity you feel there is your own."

awwwww sheeeeit, look out Von Trier, there's a new festival badboy, GODDAMN!

Quote from: S.R. on September 01, 2011, 09:46:46 PM
I don't get it.   :ponder: Didn't Aronofsky just own himself by saying he pissed his pants one time with NatPo sitting next to him?

yeah what a shit joke.

no wonder he doesn't write his films anymore.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

There's no telling what was left behind in this seat.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Jeremy Blackman

So he uses the scarf to soak it up, right?

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Darren Aronofsky Will Direct Metallica-Lou Reed Video
Source: THR

Darren Aronofsky is moving in the opposite direction from many of his contemporaries -- going from directing feature films to making a music video with Metallica and Lou Reed.

The Black Swan director will be making a video for the song "Iced Honey" off the Metallica-Lou Reed album Lulu. The video will be shot with Aronofsky's longtime cinematographer Matthew Libatique in the San Francisco Bay area, the Associated Press reports.

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich seemed to be the most enthused of all the parties involved, saying in a statement, "As if making a record with Lou Reed is not enough, now I get to make a video with Darren Aronofsky who has been among my very favorite filmmakers since his first movie, Pi."

The Metallica-Lou Reed collaboration Lulu, which was released on Tuesday, is inspired by the works of German playwright Frank Wedekind.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

O.

That article makes it sound he's switching careers. I think it's good that filmmakers keep busy with other interesting things. Even Scorsese and Cameron have done uncharacteristic documentaries in between features.
superb

RegularKarate

Aaronofsky is doing Anti-Meth PSAs:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

O.

looks like he's not a fan of breaking bad
superb

Jeremy Blackman

Is this one also Aronofsky?

O.

I don't think so -- the ones by Aronofsky tell you like fuck in the description.
superb

squints

Quote from: O on November 09, 2011, 11:46:31 PM
looks like he's not a fan of breaking bad

well there's an idea, maybe in a year's time we can see aronscarfsky directing some episodes of BB?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 10, 2011, 12:46:18 AM
Is this one also Aronofsky?

that one isnt new, is it? I remember seeing it a few years ago and IIRC it was directed by Aronofsky..

polkablues

Aronofsky has directed these in the past as well, but I haven't been able to find out for sure if that's one of his.  Tony Kaye, Alejandro González Iñárritu, and Wally Pfister have also directed some.
My house, my rules, my coffee