Jan Kounen

Started by cron, January 29, 2004, 03:51:17 AM

I didn't know where to start a thread about this guy because it seems too soon to put it in Now Showing and too late to put it in the Grapevine...  

He's the guy who directed Dobermann,  which I think is a fun movie.
But Blueberry, his new one, looks very promising. It has Vincent Cassel , Michael Madsen, Tamuera Morrison AS COWBOYS!   it also has Juliette Lewis.  It's based on an european comic book, don't know which country is exactly from.

I don't know about any other Kounen films  ,  just that some of his first shorts are included in the Special Edition of the french version of Dobermann.

Here' s a link about Blueberry,  for those interested.

http://www.profilweb.com/Cinema/Trailers/Blueberry/
context, context, context.

Pwaybloe

I did some research on it, and I think the writer/artist is French, but the comic was published in the US.  I'll check it out.

Here's some more info in Anglais.

modage

that movie looks fucking great!  although if Quick and the Dead taught us anything, a spaghetti western is a difficult thing to pull off/re-create.  so it could go either way.  but seems really cool.  title is terrible though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

I'm a lifelong Blueberry fan and I can tell you the story they chose to base the movie on is one of the worst of the whole series. Still I'm excited to see this.