My Playlist

Started by MoosethePR, February 27, 2004, 05:03:07 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: onomabracadabra on April 11, 2006, 02:23:34 AM
For those not in the know, iTunes allows you to create playlists (different from Winamp [last I used it] in that you don't have to load them up -- just click on one),
dunno what windows 95 crap you were using but winamp has always had a playlist feature. i havn't updated it since 2003 and here you can find these buttons:

equalizer and playlist, here's a blow up of the playlist button:

and the playlist box, which is extremely user-friendly:

under the paving stones.

squints

your taste is impeccable P
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on April 11, 2006, 12:09:35 PM
Quote from: onomabracadabra on April 11, 2006, 02:23:34 AM
For those not in the know, iTunes allows you to create playlists (different from Winamp [last I used it] in that you don't have to load them up -- just click on one),
dunno what windows 95 crap you were using but winamp has always had a playlist feature. i havn't updated it since 2003 and here you can find these buttons:

equalizer and playlist, here's a blow up of the playlist button:

...Unless he was using a different skin that didn't have those buttons on it.  Most have all the same buttons, just in different places, but I've seen some Winamp skins that apparently forgot to include all the normal buttons.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I never really pegged you for a Mariah Carey fan, P.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

10. The Microphones - Sand
9. The Beatles - Wild Honey Pie
8. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
7. The Unicorns - Ready To Die
6. The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
5. Why? - Waterfalls
4. Why? - Rubber Traits
3. Why? - Darla
2. Subtitle - Subtalk
1. Islands - Where There's a Will There's a Whalebone
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

godardian

1. "My Life in Art" - Mojave 3

2. "Sukie in the Graveyard" - Belle and Sebastian

3. "Bird Gehrl" - Antony and the Johnsons

4. "Riot Van" - Arctic Monkeys

5. "Turn Into" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

6. "Zooropa" - U2

7. "Look in My Diary" - Reparata and the Delrons

8. "I Have a Boyfriend" - Reparata and the Delrons

9. "Mama's Little Girl" - Reparata and the Delrons

10. "Shoes" - Reparata and the Delrons

11. "Good Looking Man About Town" - Morrissey

12. "L. Wells" - Franz Ferdinand

13. "Lady Grinning Soul" - David Bowie
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

polkablues

The Chicks Rock Mix:

1. Natalie Imbruglia - "That Day"
2. Rachael Yamagata - "Worn Me Down"
3. Michelle Branch - "If She Only Knew"
4. Brandi Carlile - "Open Doors"
5. Fiona Apple - "Please Please Please"
6. Melissa Auf der Maur - "Would If I Could"
7. Abra Moore - "Keeps My Body Warm"
8. PJ Harvey - "Naked Cousin"
9. Bif Naked - "Moment of Weakness"
10. Butterfly Boucher - "Life Is Short"
11. Goodness - "Superwise"
12. Eisley - "My Lovely"
13. Jill Sobule - "Bitter"
14. Liz Phair - "What Makes You Happy"
15. Nina Gordon - "Now I Can Die"
16. Portishead - "Roads"
My house, my rules, my coffee

godardian

Quote from: polkablues on April 16, 2006, 12:12:31 AM

8. PJ Harvey - "Naked Cousin"

:yabbse-thumbup:

...in fact, it's been ages since I've heard that cut. I'm going to go put it on now....
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

squints

The first ten songs from iTunes shuffle (from a collection of around 980 songs):

1. "Ann Don't Cry" - Pavement
2. "St. Elsewhere" - Gnarls Barkley
3. "Flying Around the Sun with Remarkable Speed" - Giant Sand
4. "Riffs and Variations on a Single Note for Jell Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to Name a Few" - Sufjan Stevens
5. "Ambulance" - Tv on the Radio
6. "Muss" - Giant Sand
7. "Custom Concern" - Modest Mouse
8. "Heard Somebody Say" - Devendra Banhart
9. "Lover's Spit" - Broken Social Scene
10. "Les Os" - The Unicorns

not a bad list for a random shuffle.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I was working on a progressive rock mix for a CD.  The upside is the songs rock.  The downside is I could only fit 8 tracks.

1 ) Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Fanfare for the Common Man
2 ) King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
3 ) Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift
4 ) Yes - Heart of the Sunrise
5 ) Tool - Jambi
6 ) The Mars Volta - Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus: A. Sarcophagi/B. Umbilical Syllables/C. Facilis Descenus Averni/D. Con Safo
7 ) Dream Theater - This Dying Soul
8 ) Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

godardian

1. "Street Corner Love" - Jobriath

2. "Back Street Luv" - Curved Air

3. "You Are What You Love" - Jenny Lewis

4. "Summer Nights" - Marianne Faithfull

5. "Charade" - Matt Monro

6. "Interlude" - Morrissey & Siouxsie

7. "All Over the World" - Francoise Hardy

8. "L'Amitie" - Francoise Hardy

9. "There Was a Time" - T. Rex

10. "Blue Moon" - Elvis Presley

11. "I Ran All the Way Home" - Black Box Recorder

12. "My Way" - Frank Sinatra

13. "Rock 'n Roll Suicide" - David Bowie

pete

http://www.pop77.com/blog/

this guy makes supposedly really good mixes.  I've heard a little  bit of the latest one and it's not too shabby.  check them out.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

bonanzataz

"School Bus" (January 25, 2008)
1. The Beatles - Old Brown Shoe
2. Desmond Dekker - 007 (Shanty Town)
3. Francoise Hardy - Tous Les Garcons et les Filles
4. Elvis Presley - (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame
5. Jo Stafford - Jambalaya
6. Rolling Stones - Heart of Stone
7. The Silkie - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
8. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Jamais
9. Joy Division - Colony
10. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Nicotine Stain
11. The Cure - Let's Go To Bed
12. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Don't Forget to Forget Me
13. Radiohead - I Will (Los Angeles version)
14. billy ward and his dominoes - star dust
15. the velvet underground - guess i'm falling in love (instrumental version)
16. link wray and the raymen - white lightnin'
17. marianne faithfull with sly and robbie - lola r. for ever
18. desmond dekker - sabotage
19. brigitte bardot - la madrague
20. france gall - ne sois pas si bete
21. gilles brown - ce soir
22. paul anka - puppy love
23. nancy sinatra - these boots are made for walkin'
24. percy faith - theme from a summer place
25. chopin (performed by maurizio pollini) - op. 10 no. 3 in E major
26. earl grant - the end
27. the smiths - back to the old house (hatful of hollow version)
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

Je vois ici beaucoup de bonnes chansons françaises.... Est-ce que tu le parles, bonanzataz? En plus, tu sais sûrement que The Smiths a utilisé la mélodie de "His Latest Flame" dans "Rusholme Ruffians," et la version de "RR" sur Rank comprends Morrissey en la chantant?

Quote from: bonanzataz on January 25, 2008, 02:34:22 PM
"School Bus" (January 25, 2008)

3. Francoise Hardy - Tous Les Garcons et les Filles
4. Elvis Presley - (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame

8. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Jamais

19. brigitte bardot - la madrague
20. france gall - ne sois pas si bete
21. gilles brown - ce soir

27. the smiths - back to the old house (hatful of hollow version)

bonanzataz

my french is good enough to understand what you wrote but not good enough for me to reply en francais. i bought a two disc vinyl set at the salvation army called "learn french in record time" but i have yet to spin it, so i'll have to get back to you on that.

nearly all of the french songs were written by serge gainsbourg, anyway.

and yes, of course i knew that, but rusholme ruffians (one of my favorite smiths tunes) is already on two mixes, so i decided to use the big e's version instead...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls