Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Some pics from In Good Company. There's more, and larger versions here:
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/568/568937p1.html

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ono

Johansson Denies Fling with Del Toro
Stunning actress Scarlett Johansson has finally spoken out about her alleged fling with Benicio Del Toro - it never happened. The pair were reported to have enjoyed a steamy tryst in an elevator at Los Angeles' Chateau Marmont hotel after this year's Academy Awards, after the Lost In Translation beauty refused to deny the rumors. But she insists it was all a big mistake: "I went home alone that night to my mom's house, but nobody cares about that. It was so embarrassing. I felt horrible about the way that portrayed Benicio Del Toro."
~IMDb.com

I am yabbse-shocked.   :yabbse-shocked:

ono

Scarlett is on Leno right now.  And she is no longer a girl.  She is a woman.

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson on MI3 and more!
The actress talks MI3, Woody Allen and Black Dahlia.
Source: IGN.FilmForce

This summer indie darling Scarlett Johansson will make the transition to big budget action movies in the grandest fashion. After working on smaller films with auteur directors like Sofia Coppolla and the Coen Brothers, the young actress, who just turned 20, breaks out in a big way on Michael Bay's The Island. FilmForce spoke with Johansson this afternoon about turning down MI3 for Woody and working with Brian De Palma on Black Dahlia.

To follow The Island, Johansson nearly chose an equally large vehicle as the follow-up. Ultimately however, the actress turned down a chance to play opposite Tom Cruise in MI3. "I was attached to it. I'm working this summer with Woody and we just had scheduling conflict. When you have a big production like that, they can't move stuff around that easily. I wanted to work with Woody so, unfortunately, that was a casualty, I guess."

There aren't many comparisons one can draw between Michael Bay and Woody Allen. Scarlett laughed at the idea of contrasting the two: "I don't know that there is a comparison you can make between Michael and Woody. Let's put it this way, when I told Woody that I was doing a Michael Bay movie, he was like, 'Who?' (Laughs) You know, he's so totally separated. He's such a snob when it comes to that kind of thing. I told him, you've gotta see The Island when it comes out. It's gonna be great. It's a really great science fiction movie and he goes, 'Oh, I like Science Fiction.' (Laughs) So, we'll see if we can get him to the premiere."

Scarlett's first experience with the famous director went so well, he's already cast her in his following project. "I was thrilled. I loved working with Woody. He's a dream. I think I'd be happy working with him the rest of my career. We had a fun time working together and now we're working together again. [The next film] is a comedy, yes."

The actress also recently worked with Brian De Palma on the 1940's film noir, The Black Dahlia. Johansson was asked to compare De Palma to Bay as well: "Michael is so incredibly energetic. He never leaves the set. I was convinced he never went the bathroom for five months… Brian is a 65 year-old man. He's been doing it for a long time. He ends his workday at 5:30. We start at eight, we end at 5:30. It's very civil. (Laughs) He's very quiet. It's a totally different experience because we're doing a film noir drama precisely to the film noir standards, so it's a different kind of focus that he has. Michael is busy directing 300 extras on a huge, huge action movie, where as The Black Dahlia is so much lying and a whole twisted story. Brian is only focusing on the actors. There's not much, other than a couple of really gory and violent [scenes]… Which Brian does very well. (Laughs) And sex and all of that fantastic stuff that he can do so well. It's a character-driven film completely… It's a totally different experience…"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

I feel the need to say that Myxomatosis' avatar is hot. Scarlett is my new crush. (catch you later, Lohan)
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Scarlett Driven to Distraction

Disneyland was anything but the happiest place on Earth for     Scarlett Johansson.

The Lost in Translation star was on the giving end of a minor car accident Friday near the amusement park--an accident caused, her publicist says, as the actress tried to swerve to escape a crew of shutterbugs.

"The fender-bender was induced by the paparazzi, who chased her for 45 minutes," Johansson publicist Marcel Pariseau said in a statement Monday.

Anaheim Police Department spokesman Rick Martinez says the bang-up occurred around 1:50 p.m. No one hurt, and no one was cited for the accident.

"The two parties exchanged insurance information on their own, and no police report was filed to my knowledge," Martinez said Monday.

Martinez says that by the time officers arrived on the scene about an hour later, Johansson, who most recently starred in this summer's box-office dud The Island, had already left in a brand new Mercedes to replace her damaged one. (A Mercedes-Benz representative reportedly delivered an emergency loaner to the actress.)

Per eyewitnesses reports, Johansson, 20, and some friends were cruising near the Mouse House, when the paparazzi-powered vehicle forced her to veer sharply, clipping a car with a woman and her two young daughters.

Johansson is the latest A-list motorist victimized by aggressive paparazzi maneuvers.

Back in May,     Lindsay Lohan was involved in a more serious accident, when photographer Galo Ramirez reportedly rammed her Mercedes-Benz with his van while chasing the actress.

Lohan suffered cuts and bruises from the smash-up and was left "shaken up and extremely upset," by the incident, which her publicist described as intentional.

A criminal probe was launched in Los Angeles and authorities are still weighing whether to charge Ramierez for assault with a deadly weapon.

In April,     Reese Witherspoon claimed she was chased by several paparazzi and prevented from entering the gated community where she lives. Earlier this month Los Angeles prosecutors said that while the photographers in question most likely used aggressive tactics and terrorized Witherspoon, there was insufficent evidence to charge them with false imprisonment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: BethieI feel the need to say that Myxomatosis' avatar is hot. Scarlett is my new crush. (catch you later, Lohan)

I'm thinking I will leave her up for a while due to popular demand.

Never did care for Lohan though. :yabbse-thumbdown: Not even pre-anorexic Lohan.

The Red Vine

Quote from: Myxo
Quote from: BethieI feel the need to say that Myxomatosis' avatar is hot. Scarlett is my new crush. (catch you later, Lohan)

I'm thinking I will leave her up for a while due to popular demand.

Never did care for Lohan though. :yabbse-thumbdown: Not even pre-anorexic Lohan.

same here
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Pubrick

Quote from: RedVinessame here
and u are? introduce urself here..
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Lohan used to look like a woman....Johansen used to look like a dude...currently.

Whats wrong with you.....guys?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Johansson Enters Amazon
Starlet to play ''gladiatrix'' in new film.

Actress Scarlett Johansson (The Island, Lost in Translation) is set to star in a new action adventure film called Amazon, according to today's Variety. Yes, drooling fanboys, your dream has come true... The film, set in 200 B.C., will reportedly center around a "gladiatrix" (Johansson) who takes on an army that destroyed her homeland.

The trade scoops that Johansson came up with the idea herself while filming The Island. She reportedly mentioned the concept to screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, who are producing the project.

Johansson, last seen on the big screen in Michael Bay's The Island, next appears in Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia, along with Hilary Swank, Josh Hartnett, Aaron Eckhart and Mia Kirshner.

She recently signed to star opposite Colin Farrell in Neil Jordan's Borgia, the story of Italy's 15th century Borgia family dynasty.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 07, 2005, 01:56:24 PM
She recently signed to star opposite Colin Farrell in Neil Jordan's Borgia, the story of Italy's 15th century Borgia family dynasty.

stay tuned for the sex tape.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

MacGuffin

Johansson booked for 'Nanny' job
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Scarlett Johansson is in negotiations to star in "The Nanny Diaries," an adaptation of the best-selling novel that Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini are in talks to direct from their script. Richard Gladstein is producing for the Weinstein Co.

Written by former nannies Nicola Kraus and Emma McLaughlin, the book told the story of a college student, the aptly named Nan, who goes to work for a Park Avenue family that turns out to be the family from hell. Johansson will play Nan, who juggles the household's marital woes, her classes, a romance and a spoiled kid.

The Weinsteins are eyeing a February start date in Toronto and New York.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Johansson to play Napoleon's lover in coming film

"Lost in Translation" star Scarlett Johansson has reportedly signed to play the love interest in a film on the last days of French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.

According to Variety, Johansson, 21, will play a young British woman who falls in love with Napoleon as he lives out his final days in exile on the island of Sainte Helene.

"Napoleon and Betsy" is written and will be filmed by independent producer Benjamin Ross.

One of Hollywood's newest discoveries, Johansson first made a mark as a teenager in Robert Redford's "The Horse Whisperer" (1988), and then swept to stardom two years ago in Sofia Coppola's "Lost in Translation".

This year she has appeared in several productions, including "The Island" and Woody Allen's "Matchpoint".

She also recently shot the James Ellroy detective thriller "The Black Dahlia", due in theaters next year.

She is also to play Lucrezia Borgia in an upcoming film on the brutally powerful 15th century Italian family, and a "gladiatrix" in the action film "Amazon", planned for 2007.

Skeleton FilmWorks