Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

bonanzataz

you know what... if cheadle likes him enough to be in three of his movies and i have nothing against any of his movies (except for money talks. that just made me mad for some reason), then i don't see why ratner gets bashed all the time. he doesn't deserve any love, but he doesn't deserve hate.

ooh, i just took us to page three!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

i dont hate him. but i like this whole pro-pta anti-ratner thing we have going. its funny.

modage

yeah.  well i just think its funny that while off making his "rush hour trilogy" he would even compare himself to pta.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samuelclemens

i don't know brett ratner, but this sort of scares me:

first attempt at posting a pic, hope it worked.
Stupid babies need the most attention!

MacGuffin

From Entertainment Weekly:

"I've read that [Martin] Scorsese got $6 million for Gangs Of New York, and I felt guilty 'cause I make more than him and he's way more talented than I am," says Brett Ratner, one of the few directors who churn out hits (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) and pocket up to $7 million per film. In fact, Scorsese's fee wound up lower: Because of Gangs' spiraling budget, he and star Leonardo DiCaprio each agreed to return about $3 million in salary to cover cost overruns.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: Entertainment Weekly[Martin] Scorsese

i'm really glad they clarified that for us, otherwise i would be totally lost.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

i heard they found [bret] ratner dead in the back of a car. theyre tracking the owner of said car through its license plate as we speak

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffinFrom Entertainment Weekly:

"I've read that [Martin] Scorsese got $6 million for Gangs Of New York, and I felt guilty 'cause I make more than him and he's way more talented than I am," says Brett Ratner, one of the few directors who churn out hits (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) and pocket up to $7 million per film. In fact, Scorsese's fee wound up lower: Because of Gangs' spiraling budget, he and star Leonardo DiCaprio each agreed to return about $3 million in salary to cover cost overruns.

I don't know what was the more sickening thing tonight:

(1) Reading this Ratner anecdote

(2) Having to watch Yanni perform the national anthem at the World Series.

(3) Having to type "Yanni" in the previous sentence.

:(

Cecil

shut the fuck up and tell me how much you bench or i swear to god...

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Cecilshut the fuck up and tell me how much you bench or i swear to god...

Well, if that's how you're going to be I won't tell.

But I do want you to hear this poem I wrote: "I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me."

That's it.

MacGuffin

Cedric the Entertainer & Brett Ratner Team on Traces
Source: Variety

Cedric the Entertainer will team with Brett Ratner on the action-comedy Traces at New Line Cinema. Cedric will produce and likely star in the film, to be produced by Ratner.

Robert Adetuyi's script is the story of a software custodian who suffers amnesia after a car accident. He must regain his memory when he finds himself pursued by mysterious people who seem to want him dead.

Ratner began production Monday on another New Line feature, After the Sunset, starring Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek and Woody Harrelson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Find Your Magali

Quote from: bonanzatazok... what the fuck is this?
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0339169/

Mother of God!  :shock:

Link

Ratner...Euro-trash...

I don't dig him cuz he's pretentious in a turn-off-ish way, y'knowhudImean?

pinkerton310

RATNER IS THE DEVIL!!  :twisted:
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...