A good dvd release date site.

Started by Stefen, December 30, 2003, 07:17:02 PM

Stefen

What sites do you use for dvd release dates and cover art. Digital Bits.com is pretty good but not very comprehensive. Any suggestions?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

I know this doesn't help, but I remember this site where they had a list of upcoming dvd special editions so you could see if you would waste money on a lesser edition. Can't find it anymore.
WWPTAD?

Quote from: Gamblor du JourI know this doesn't help, but I remember this site where they had a list of upcoming dvd special editions so you could see if you would waste money on a lesser edition. Can't find it anymore.

well, it's obvious you're not talking about the user reviews at Amazon.
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: StefenWhat sites do you use for dvd release dates and cover art. Digital Bits.com is pretty good but not very comprehensive. Any suggestions?

how about .....here.....

Gamblour.

Quote from: chuckhimselfo
Quote from: Gamblor du JourI know this doesn't help, but I remember this site where they had a list of upcoming dvd special editions so you could see if you would waste money on a lesser edition. Can't find it anymore.

lol took me a minute to get that...wait, are you referring to the fact that people always bitch about having a lesser edition? Sorry if I had to spell out your joke, I'm really tired.
WWPTAD?

Quote from: Gamblor du Jour
Quote from: chuckhimselfo

lol took me a minute to get that...wait, are you referring to the fact that people always bitch about having a lesser edition? Sorry if I had to spell out your joke, I'm really tired.

yep it's that and also the fact that amazon never gives a negative review.
so far,  i've only read  a review where they bash the movie,  Phone Booth.
context, context, context.

FeloniousFunk

Chest Rockwell

dvd.ign.com

It doesn't really have any foriegns or obscure films....but it's pretty good, nonetheless. It has separate sections for each dvd review: the movie itself, video, audio, extras. And it does have release dates and crap.

Ernie

Nope no no no, all the ones people named here are just plain inferior to where I go man -- just go to www.HollywoodBitchslap.com for the most complete dvd release date calendar you'll be able to find on the internet (direct link is below), no lie. I've checked out a lot of different ones in the past but this one is just overwhelming, it's really the best there is I think. It's already enormous as it is and it's updated every Thursday. There's like four seperate calendars I think - one for movies, one for TV, and I think think there's even seperate ones for music and straight to video releases. You can check it out directly on the link below....nobody better call this spam till they go to it, it's inarguably bigger and better than any of the ones named, xixax is the only place to go for criterion info though, I will say that, anyway....here it is.....

http://www.hollywoodbitchslap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11734

Hope this helps!

Stefen

thanks for all the replies. dvd.ign.com is great, I just can't deal with all the ads!!. hollywood bitchslap seems like a cool place as does dvdjournal, thanks all!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.