The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

Neil

stereo, sorry, i was looking for mono, but i can't seem to find them, if i do, i'll put em up.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

SiliasRuby

Well, thanks anyway!!!! I really appreciate it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

I found the tracks in apple lossless last night... just brought Abbey Road and Revolver (two favs) to work... I could tell the difference right away on just headphones... can't wait to pump it through some good speakers.

I did a comparison with a couple songs and it's pretty incredible.  The stereo mixes sound way less annoying too.

Neil

it's 14 albums, and they sound so fucking full you'll shit yourself.

don't give me your elitist bullshit,  because i have rubber soul and revolver on vinyl and these rival those, no lie, if you're a sucker for the static, get over it, this mix does their music and vox so much justice, they even keep the vibration of the snares on the bottom of the drum in "don't let me down"

Big ideas, it's 14 albums, and they're compressed into each own folder, hurry hurry now

MacGuffin

Do you like Apple?

Apple Sauce, bitch!!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2009, 11:31:43 AM
Big ideas, it's 14 albums, and they're compressed into each own folder, hurry hurry now

i thought you said something about a password - and what is the 'hurry' for? nothing i can do now.
i figure it was huge so it would probably have to be a weekend download thing.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

aka, hurry before the link goes down, some people told me that it made them give a pass. it didn't for me, so i was just making sure.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on September 15, 2009, 01:05:49 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2009, 11:31:43 AM

i thought you said something about a password - and what is the 'hurry' for? nothing i can do now.
i figure it was huge so it would probably have to be a weekend download thing.
It was 883 MBs total....The difference is out of this world

My Collection

MacGuffin

You know when you have a cold and it gets in your ear, and it plugs up your hearing so everything is muffled. Then all of a sudden it POPS and you can hear everything again? That's what these stereo editions are like. It's like hearing them all this time in 180, but now they are 360 degrees. The horns on the Golden Slumbers suite stand out, as they also do on Good Morning; A Day In The Life has never sounded better. George and Ringo benefit the most from these.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

is Long Long Long still super quiet on The White Album?

SiliasRuby

Just download it from the link and find out

My Collection

john

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 15, 2009, 08:32:33 PM
You know when you have a cold and it gets in your ear, and it plugs up your hearing so everything is muffled. Then all of a sudden it POPS and you can hear everything again? That's what these stereo editions are like. It's like hearing them all this time in 180, but now they are 360 degrees. The horns on the Golden Slumbers suite stand out, as they also do on Good Morning; A Day In The Life has never sounded better. George and Ringo benefit the most from these.

That pretty much sums it up. I decided just to buy a couple titles, picked up Let It Be and Abbey Road, and was instantly won over - so rich and clear. Unfortunately, now I have to get all of them and individually.

Is there anything too exceptional I'm missing out on by not having the box?
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

Add Hello Goodbye to that list. It's so full and rich.

Quote from: john on September 16, 2009, 02:52:39 PMIs there anything too exceptional I'm missing out on by not having the box?

Nah, the mini documentaries are all included on their respective discs. It's just a nice display box is all, and more cost efficient.

EDIT:

Quote from: john on September 16, 2009, 02:52:39 PM
Let It Be

This is probably the best so far. Every song feels like you are in the studio with them. So happy with how I Me Mine (my fave track) turned out.

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

and today i read someone's opinion about how the remasters basically just sound like the old ones but louder.

"the world may never know..."

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on September 16, 2009, 05:24:35 PMand today i read someone's opinion about how the remasters basically just sound like the old ones but louder.

Well, they are. But here's why: The audio has a much more wider, dynamic range; it surrounds your hearing better. And every instrument is clearly heard and so distinctly. There are some elements in the songs I swear I never heard before; like a barritone bass singer (I think) on Happiness Is A Warm Gun during the "shoot, shoot" parts.

Skeleton FilmWorks