Suddenly you're a millionaire

Started by metroshane, August 11, 2003, 02:47:57 PM

metroshane

Some suggestions please.  Say you just found out your rich old uncle left you his entire fortune.  Millions of dollars. What would you do.  This isn't the Office Space "what would you do with a million dollars", this is different.  I'm looking for actual physical things you'd do once you had a million in your bank account.  Would you feel free to get that tattoo you've always wanted on your forehead?  Would you ask your girl to marry you.  Would you kick your bosses ass?  Would you call all your ex girlfriends and taunt.  Would you take up heroin, get drunk?  Would you buy lot's of jewelry?

You get the idea.  What would you do?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Raikus

I'd immediately take off for a 6 month backbacking trip through Europe. Well, backpacking with the occasional stop at the Ritz.

I'd buy my parents and Grandmother new houses. Pay off my house. Nothing self mutilating though.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Cecil

id make a movie (maybe not with all of it...)

The Silver Bullet

I'd spend $500,000 on a feature, and use the rest to relocate to NY or some such place.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

chainsmoking insomniac

1) Take a whirlwind tour of Europe (lingering extra long in Amsterdam)
2) Buy a nice apartment in San Diego (maintaining my bachelor status kicks ass at the moment)
3) Quit my job (of course)
4) Take as much time as needed to pound out a feature film
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Self-finance my film, then buy plane tickets for all the members here for a special xixax.com only screening and after-party.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

im wondering if the question asked came from a 13 yr old -- if you had any understanding of commerce in realtion to modern living, you'd realize that a million dollars isn't the "key" to freedom -- you'd be able to live comfortably for a few years and then the fun would be up. but you probbaly wouldnt know that becuase your mommy pays for everythign you pathetic peice of shit...thats what id do with a million bucks.
...your excuses are your own...

SoNowThen

I'd go to the slutty bar in town and let it be known that I came into a ton of money, and that the coke is on me, for any fake-titted waitresses who wanna have some fun.

Then I'd go to Vegas and do the same at the Hard Rock Pool.

Then, after a week of recovery, when I got all the VD under control, I'd settle into making a film with all my own money, so I could do whatever the hell I'd want. Then I'd use the rest to distribute it myself.

Oh, I'd buy some dvds too. And get some cars and things for parents and friends.

But skanks first.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Cecil

Quote from: Pbuy the universe.

are you sure youll have enough? did you factor in the tax?

Pubrick

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedare you sure youll have enough? did you factor in the tax?
i buy ur feeble tax.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I give a big chunk to charity, and wouldn't be nice for the rest of my life with the excuse "Hey man I gave a whole lot of cash to charity, that makes me a better man than you can EVER hope to be!"  It would make me some sort of superior person, right?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

(and because it needs to be said)

Two chicks at the same time. Always wanted to do that.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

i buy the end of double posts.
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinSelf-finance my film, then buy plane tickets for all the members here for a special xixax.com only screening and after-party.

:yabbse-thumbup: how sweet would that be.

but yea, id take the money and take care of my parents who have done nothing but worked their balls off to take care of my ass. id buy a new chew toy for my dog, then id pack it up and travel down to south america.