The best album I've heard all year....

Started by -dazza-, April 23, 2003, 09:22:21 AM

neatahwanta

moonshiner

Elephant is fucking amazing, can't wait for night four of the White Stripes on Conan tonight...missed the first night, damn...
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Sigur Rós

Have anybody heard the new Calexico album?......If not check it out!

European Son

White Stripes' Elephant so far. Although I'm sure that Radiohead's and The Stokes' new ones will better it when they're released later this year.

Dirk

Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People

it's actually better than Radiohead :oops:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

penfold0101

Athlete – Vehicles and Animals is cool.

The new Blur album Think Tank arrived this morning just before I left for work, it might be good maybe not. I’ll tell ya later.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

-dazza-

Quote from: penfold0101Athlete – Vehicles and Animals is cool.

The new Blur album Think Tank arrived this morning just before I left for work, it might be good maybe not. I'll tell ya later.

Athlete? Do they have the song that goes "Oh, it's gettin' hot in here, must be somethin' in the at-mos-phere"?

I've heard that the new Blur album is mediocre, but I can't pass judgement if I've never heard it.

I've always been an Oasis man, myself. It's always either Blur or Oasis, isn't it?
"Go home, Yank. 'Tis my field." - The late, great, Richard Harris.

Newbie Confusion Device:  CLICK HERE

polkablues

This might be 2002, but it's late 2002:  David Poe's "The Late Album".
My house, my rules, my coffee

phil marlowe

i have pretty high hopes for that new tomahawk album. it should be released today. i really hope it will turn out as a major step forward much alike the fanthomas project.

also, does anyone have anything on the that new portishead album? i heard somewhere they should release it sometime this year. ill definatly be there.

...and the new blur album can lick my balls.

-dazza-

I'm hoping that Radiohead keep up the good work and make a truly fantastic album this year.

Sleuth

Quote from: -dazza-I'm hoping that Radiohead keep up the good work and make a truly fantastic album this year.

You didn't hear the internet leaked premastered version?  Well if you've made it this long then just go ahead and wait, but let me tell you that HTTT is a truly fantastic album in my opinion
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: -dazza-I'm hoping that Radiohead keep up the good work and make a truly fantastic album this year.

You didn't hear the internet leaked premastered version?  Well if you've made it this long then just go ahead and wait, but let me tell you that HTTT is a truly fantastic album in my opinion
I didn't listen to the leaks enough to really form an opinion as an album...but it really wet my appetite for new Radiohead material.  I'm sure the album will be stellar.

xerxes

yes, their album will be great... and i will be seeing them this summer... and that will also be great

-dazza-

Quote from: tremolosloth

I considered downloading it, but I decided to wait 'cos I wanted to wait until it was completely finished, with packaging an' all.

That and being on a 56k connection.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: -dazza-I considered downloading it, but I decided to wait 'cos I wanted to wait until it was completely finished, with packaging an' all.

You won't be disappointed. It's definitely the best album of the year.