Family Guy

Started by SHAFTR, June 27, 2003, 01:27:41 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I really hope they do, Family Guy is the best thing since sliced bread...though I still use Bread for my sandwiches, I still watch Family Guy when I eat one.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SHAFTR

Quote from: Walrus Without A CauseI really hope they do, Family Guy is the best thing since sliced bread...though I still use Bread for my sandwiches, I still watch Family Guy when I eat one.

Family Guy may be the 3rd Greatest Invention of all time...behind
2.  DVDs
1.  Lesbians
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Quote from: Walrus Without A CauseI really hope they do, Family Guy is the best thing since sliced bread...though I still use Bread for my sandwiches, I still watch Family Guy when I eat one.
It's so good, I actually spread butter on my Family Guy now.. I've stopped buying bread.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Is anyone tired of Family Guy yet?  I've seen all the episodes a multitude of times, and some of the jokes are still hilarious to me, like the...

"Not all Jewish people are good with their money, Peter."
"Sure not the retarded ones, but why would you say that? For shock value?  Jeez, there's edgy and there's offensive!  Good day to you sir!"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Family Guy Making a Come Back to TV?
Source: USA Today

20th Century Fox is considering a plan to resume production of Family Guy, a sometimes crude animated comedy that the Fox network took off the air more than 18 months ago.

As many as 35 new episodes could return in January 2005, marking the first time that a canceled series has been revived based on strong DVD demand and ratings in syndication.

Fox Television Entertainment Group chairman Sandy Grushow said a decision is expected soon and called the series a late-blooming phenomenon that may have aired before its time.

A DVD set of the show's first 28 episodes released in April has sold nearly 1 million copies, making it this year's top-selling TV show and the No. 4 television title ever. A second collection, of 22 episodes, has sold 520,000 copies. And the series is Cartoon Network's most popular among adults.

The series was created by Seth MacFarlane, who wrote scripts, drew characters, provided voices and infused the show with rapid-fire sight gags. But ratings faded, and the show ended with a whimper early last year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

this would be incredible.  not only for fans of the show, but as a testament to the awesome power of dvd.  this could change everything...  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02this would be incredible.  not only for fans of the show, but as a testament to the awesome power of dvd.  this could change everything...  :shock:

Your words have inspired me to watch more Family Guy.

myadopteddaughter

I am definitely not tired of Family Guy yet. I am so glad it's on Adult Swim. And hey! The new season of Home Videos is coming up! Yay!

The Tick has to be one of the best television shows on DVD, behind Family Guy of course. But, in all seriousness, I want to have a love affair with the writer for The Tick and Family Guy. They're on my to do list.
mmm, mmmm good

Pubrick

u mean Home Movies. that's a great show.
under the paving stones.

myadopteddaughter

yeah, home movies*

I always call it home videos cause it reminds me of my friends with their video camera.
mmm, mmmm good

context, context, context.

Sleepless

IMDB has got a tiny bit on the Family Guy movie: supposed to be released on DVD *sometime* 2004, and apparently the story is based around Stewie discovering he's a homosexual.

Quote from: themodernage02this would be incredible.  not only for fans of the show, but as a testament to the awesome power of dvd.  this could change everything...  :shock:

Yes... yes.. YES! Family Guy deserves it. It would be incredible. I'm in the UK so I've had every ep on DVD for almost a year now  :-D All my friends are crazy about the show too. I don't know whether I just didn't appreciate The Simpsons or whatever, but I just find Family Guy just so much more hilarious. Much, much funnier. Oh, and Invador Zim rocked too.

Are we allowed to swear on here?

"Come on , Lois, you wanna go look at the hats? Maybe I'll even let you try on eone, you can't buy, but you can try them on..!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ono

Quote from: SleeplessIMDB has got a tiny bit on the Family Guy movie: supposed to be released on DVD *sometime* 2004, and apparently the story is based around Stewie discovering he's a homosexual.
Cool, but that's not news.  I mean, Stewie pretty much *knows* he's gay.  It's an ongoing theme throughout the whole series.  I mean, he dances with sailors, he dances in a gay bars, if he didn't hate his mother so much, he'd be a lock for your stereotypical gay, which Family Guy is rather keen on.  (Stereotypes, that is.)  Still, I can't wait for the film.  Just watched some of Vol. 2 yesterday.  Still as great as ever, especially after having left it on the shelf for a while.

Pubrick

Quote from: SleeplessAre we allowed to swear on here?
---------credibility----------

---------you-------------
under the paving stones.

penfold0101

i'm starting to have some trouble watching season 1 & 2 now.
I can quote most of season 1 wile watching the DVD.
Its all becoming a little two much! i think i should hide the disks somewhere! try and move on with my life!!
Unill the Movie comes out that is!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.