Family Guy

Started by SHAFTR, June 27, 2003, 01:27:41 PM

tpfkabi

can anyone confirm that sometimes Stewie sings "laugh and cry" and sometimes "effing cry," in the theme song?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Gamblour.

It's laugh and cry.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

yeah, i know those are the official words, but i wonder if sometimes it's not "effing cry." sort of slipping a joke by.

Gamblour.

On the commentary of one of the episodes, MacFarlane says it's laugh and cry. You should tell them about this potential joke they're missing, however.
WWPTAD?

tpfkabi

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkOn the commentary of one of the episodes, MacFarlane says it's laugh and cry.

i haven't gotten a chance to listen to the commentaries. i did watch the theme song with the subtitles on though.

it looks like the American Dad opening sequence might have changing newspaper headlines sort of like the Simpson's different sequence every episode.

Gamblour.

I have to say, tonight's Family Guy was fucking hilarious. I normally don't laugh this much. It's like my roommate said, it's a show where the goal is to pack as many jokes as possible. Some didn't work, like a lot of Stewie's lines. It's a very easy show to laugh at.
WWPTAD?

Pas

FG was great last night... but man, American Dad really, really, sucks.

squints

I doubt American Dad will last. I like it, but not many other people do...funniest moment of last night's FG...when stewie gives brian shit for bringing a dead bird into the house and Brian says "Hey that was a gift for the family..it was for the family"..
or stewie busting a blood vessel in his eye during his fart
hilarious
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

both shows are really focused on SEX.  weird.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Last night CN showed a really good FG I hadn't seen before.  Brian has to do community service for drunk driving and Peter grows a beard and an endangered bird rests in it.  It was actually a sweet episode, and the jokes were more blended into the story than usual.

squints

I think that episode won them an Emmy
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: RaviLast night CN showed a really good FG I hadn't seen before.  Brian has to do community service for drunk driving and Peter grows a beard and an endangered bird rests in it.  It was actually a sweet episode, and the jokes were more blended into the story than usual.

Brian Wallows and Peter's Swallows
it's on the last disc of volume two.

squints

There's something right about a program when just the synopsis of the new episode makes me laugh out loud:

Episode 53, Blind Ambition

Peter attempts to set a world record of swallowing the most nickels. However, he becomes blind due to nickel poisoning.

oh peter

tpfkabi

since i have been watching a lot of Family Guy lately, my creative mind has set on these characters and i keep coming up with good ideas for the show.

if i were to write a script for this show, is there any chance in hades that i could even get it Seth MacFarlene?

squints

I doubt it. not to be a dick or anything (i've thought of doing it myself actually) but that's what the writers get paid for and it seems family guy has a pretty tight knit group of writer's who are all veterans of TV. I remember seeing some letter some fella posted on the internet about how Saturday Night Live rejected a screenplay he just sent in for similar reasons
there might be some way though