The Informers

Started by MacGuffin, August 06, 2008, 03:48:55 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Starring: Billy Bob Thornton, Kim Basinger, Winona Ryder, Mickey Rourke, Brad Renfro, Chris Isaak, Rhys Ifans, Jon Foster, Austin Nichols

Directed by: Gregor Jordan (Ned Kelly)

Premise: Based on Bret Easton Ellis's novel, a week in Los Angeles in 1983, featuring movie executives, rock stars, a vampire and other morally challenged characters in adventures laced with sex, drugs and violence.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Yipeee! Young people doing extremely stupid shit in beautiful Los Angeles. MY KIND OF FILM.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

This is one of the only BEE books I haven't read. Great cast, though. Looking forward to it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Brad Renfro?

Could be aiight.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I have been waiting for this film for a long time. I loved the short story collection even though I haven't read it in ages. BEE is one of my favorite authors. Period. So psyched.

My Collection

NEON MERCURY

i think alot of peopel shi ton this guy (BEE) bu ti enjoy his work and this just look slike fun

polkablues

Devin Faraci's review from CHUD.com.  Do not read if you still want to cling to your expectations that this might be good.

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/18848/1/REVIEW-THE-INFORMERS/Page1.html
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

^oohh -- new Alizee. Thank you.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

This is the only time I'll do a three line review from now on:

If you are a fan of his (B.E.E.'s work) do not see this. I am and did and was fantastically disappointed.

If you don't know who he is, just imagine this movie is a Rated R version of 'the hills' as directed by a ingmar bergman wannabe

Brad Renfro is the best part of this film

My Collection

Reel

On the new Bret Easton Ellis Podcast him and Nicholas Jarecki talk about why this turned into a steaming pile of shit. Very interesting conversation, a must listen for basically anyone who's ever wanted to make a movie

bigperm

I worked on it, it was a hot mess. I worked for Marco Weber as his assistant (one of two), first on Fireflies in the Garden then this.
Safe As Milk