JOHN CARPENTER

Started by modage, June 19, 2003, 02:13:35 PM

mutinyco

I interviewed John Carpenter last fall. Go to:

http://www.movienavigator.org/carpenter.htm
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

modage

hey, thats a great little article.  i cant believe he mentions PTA out of the blue.  what are the chances of that?  you should have mentioned that PTA loves his movies as well. :)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS

very good imo

bonanzataz

that was a great interview. and i like in the mouth of madness as well. freaked me out when i was little and i had it on the same tape as billy madison so i used to watch it a lot.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Keener

I could interview John Carpeneter if I wanted to. Nyah.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

MacGuffin

Big Trouble in Little China 2: Screenwriter Corey Mitchel spoke with producer Debra Hill and director John Carpenter last week, and indicated John is "totally on board" for a Big Trouble sequel providing that Corey can get it set up. Kurt Russell is rumoured to be similarly interested, and apparently work is underway in getting in touch with Jackie Chan regarding the project.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

"Big Trouble In Little China"..... I watched this way too many times when I was a kid :-D  gotta love that movie. and the fight between the gangs in the beginning is just cool as hell
Si

modage

Title: The Carpenter Collection
Starring: Roddy Piper
Released: 7th October 2003
SRP: $39.98

Further Details
Universal Home Video have released the details that They Live, The Thing, Prince of Darkness and Village of the Damned are being re-released to purchase seperately, or as part of this boxset. Details of the content of these discs are not yet fully known
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

OH MY GOD........cept prince of darkness blew

MacGuffin

On December 16th, MGM Home entertainment will at last release John Carpenter's cult classic Escape From New York in a new two-disc special edition. Remastered in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include the full 10-minute deleted "Robbery Sequence" restored and with optional commentary with Carpenter and star Kurt Russell, two additional full-length audio commentaries with Carpenter and Russell and producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves, the new "Return to Escape From New York" documentary, the "Making of John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles" comic featurette, a still gallery, trailers, and an exclusive full-color mini-comic inside the package. Retail is $29.95

If it's the same Carpenter/Russell commentary track from the laserdisc (which I'm pretty sure it is), it's a worth owning just for that.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

bonanzataz

what was the deal with the new halloween divimax edition. i heard the color timing was off or something. is it worth getting? i wish there was a version with the commentary track, proper color timing, and a seamless branching feature for the scenes in the TV version. that would be perfect! TOO perfect for whoever's churning out these multiple editions, i suppose...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazwhat was the deal with the new halloween divimax edition. i heard the color timing was off or something. is it worth getting? i wish there was a version with the commentary track, proper color timing, and a seamless branching feature for the scenes in the TV version. that would be perfect! TOO perfect for whoever's churning out these multiple editions, i suppose...

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_7/halloween_25ae.htm

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

Quote from: bonanzatazwhat was the deal with the new halloween divimax edition. i heard the color timing was off or something. is it worth getting? i wish there was a version with the commentary track, proper color timing, and a seamless branching feature for the scenes in the TV version. that would be perfect! TOO perfect for whoever's churning out these multiple editions, i suppose...

I got it and was happy with it.  I absolutely love Halloween...it still scares me...but my g/f thinks it is funny...and not scary.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Cecil

i think his best score was "assault on precinct 13"