Back to the Future

Started by Redlum, July 22, 2005, 08:10:39 AM

Stefen

I still have my shitty DVD that was recalled version. It rules.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Stefen on November 24, 2008, 11:13:47 PM
I still have my shitty DVD that was recalled version. It rules.

Me too! I can't see Marty's fucking power laces, that shit sucks.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

When are we seeing the blu-ray of this? I want to rebuy this trilogy but I've been waiting. Its the hardest part.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 31, 2009, 11:13:20 PM
When are we seeing the blu-ray of this? I want to rebuy this trilogy but I've been waiting. Its the hardest part.

Rumor: Back to the Future and Jurassic Park coming to Blu-ray
Source: SciFiWire

As Marty McFly once said, "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." And according an inside source at Universal, the studio will finally accomplish what we've all been waiting for—a Blu-ray release of all three Back to the Future films, as well as the Jurassic Park trilogy.

At least that's what's being reported by Nuke the Fridge, which posted that the six films are supposedly due out in their new high-definition format sometime in October/November 2010.

The site stated that it received the following e-mail from its inside source:

"'Nuke The Fridge' you didn't hear this from me, but I just got word from Universal of a upcoming release of Back To The Future and Jurassic Park Blu-Ray release."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Except for the part about them being over a year away, that's great news.  My girlfriend will no longer have to listen to me complain about those two movies not being on Blu-ray every single time we go to Best Buy.  Every single motherloving time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Have you guys read the original script parts of Back to the Future that were posted on Cracked? Might as well find it and give you the URL ... here goes:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16716_7-terrible-early-versions-great-movies.html

MacGuffin

Revealed: The real-life drama behind Back to the Future
Source: SciFi Wire

"Hey you, get your damn hands off her." Those classic words were memorably spoken by George McFly before he laid out Biff Tannen in the classic ending to one of the most beloved films of the '80s, Back to the Future.

Crispin Glover will forever be synonymous with George McFly, despite the fact that he played the character only once and did not return for the sequels. In fact, the circumstances as to what exactly happened and why Glover did not return have been cause for some debate in the ensuing years.

What we do know is that Glover was ultimately replaced by lookalike Jeffrey Weissman, who donned prosthetics and sunglasses to fool audiences into thinking Glover was again playing the role. Unamused by the stunt, Glover sued the producers and won a settlement, leading to a new set of rules for the Screen Actors Guild in regards to illicit use of actors.

Although the situation was apparently laid to rest some 20-plus years ago, recent comments by BTTF co-writer and producer Bob Gale have irked Glover, prompting the actor to break his longtime silence in regards to the situation.

"On the DVD to the Back to the Future Trilogy, Bob Gale has said something that's totally fabricated," Glover told a group of reporters at this weekend's press junket for Hot Tub Time Machine. "He said I asked for twice the amount of money that Michael J. Fox asked for in the first film. In the negotiation for the second film, they offered me less than half of what any of the actors that were being asked to come back in the film—Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson and Tom Wilson. They had all done studio films, and they'd made a lot more money. I was being penalized."

The actor adds that his notorious visit to the David Letterman show, in which he appeared in character as Rubin from the forthcoming film Rubin and Ed, may have added to the situation. "It was very apparent to me when we were doing the negotiations that I was not wanted," said Glover. "If I was going to do it, it was essentially a punishment. I was going to have to take less than half of what anybody else was going to take to come back to the film. It was not a normal negotiation. It seemed to me that there was an aggressive quality toward the negotiations."

In the years since, Glover has made amends with BTTF director Robert Zemeckis, returning to play Grendel in the director's 2007 film Beowulf. But Bob Gale is another story. In addition to the DVD comments, Glover says that the writer/producer made similar comments in recent radio interviews. "I've talked about it very little, but I'm starting to talk about it," Glover added. "I just feel like I can be totally quiet about it and people [can] think that I've done this kind of wrong thing or I can tell the truth of what has happened. [Gale] did not address that what they did was totally immoral and illegal and just wrong. [They] put another actor into false nose, chin and cheekbones in order to fool people into believing that I was in the film."

While Glover says he is proud of the work he did on BTTF, for him it remains tainted in many ways. Besides the legal issues that arose from the sequels, the actor had to deal with the replacement of the film's leading man after a majority of the film had already been shot. (Fox famously replaced Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly; Stoltz can now be seen as Daniel Graystone on Syfy's Caprica.)

"People often ask me, 'Oh, was that a fun film to make?'" Glover said with a laugh. "I'd shot most of my scenes with Eric Stoltz. It was not known [that Stoltz wasn't working out], and it was surprising. I'd worked with Eric Stoltz before. We'd done a Bayer Aspirin commercial. We played brothers. I'd known him a bit, and I liked him. I thought he was a good actor. You know, if you shoot a number of months, and then in the middle of the shooting, there's a large replacement like that, it's unnerving."

Glover added: "Working on Back to the Future was, you know, I don't like to get into too much detail, because I probably should write about it at some point and time. But I'm very glad I'm in the film. Ultimately, I had a good working experience with Robert Zemeckis working on that movie. Good things happened in it and I'm glad I'm in the film."

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Holy crap, we're only five years away from the Back to the Future II future.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jerome

i know, can't wait for the hoverboard!

RegularKarate

Ravi

MacGuffin

Universal Studios has OFFICIALLY confirmed what we've been reporting for a long while now: The Back to the Future Trilogy is coming to Blu-ray Disc this Fall! Specifically, you'll be finally be able to buy all three films in one 25th Anniversary Blu-ray set on 10/26 (SRP TBA - note that a 25th Anniversary DVD set will also be available). Video will obviously be 1080p, and Universal's press release says the set will feature new restorations of each film along with DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio. Extras will include most (if not all) of the previous DVD special features, including feature commentaries with producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, Q&A commentaries with director Robert Zemeckis and producer Bob Gale, a Michael J. Fox Q&A, 16 deleted scenes, 3 archival documentaries (Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three, The Making of Back to the Future Part I, II & III and The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy), 9 behind-the-scenes segments (Outtakes, Original Makeup Tests, Production Design, Storyboarding, Designing the DeLorean, Designing Time Travel, Hoverboard Test, Designing Hill Valley and Designing the Campaign), Back to the Future: The Ride, Huey Lewis and the News' Power of Love music video, ZZ Top's DoubleBack music video, 5 image galleries (Production Art, Additional Storyboards, Photographs, Marketing Materials and Character Portraits) and theatrical trailers. New for for the new 25th Anniversary sets are a 6-part retrospective documentary called Tales from the Future featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, director Robert Zemeckis, producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, and executive producer Steven Spielberg (includes In the Beginning..., Time to Go, Keeping Time, Time Flies, Third Time's the Charm and The Test of Time), The Physics of Back to the Future featurette with physicist Michio Kaku and the Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence. In addition, the Blu-ray set will exclusively include the 3 new U-Control options (Setups & Payoffs, Storyboard Comparison and Trivia Track) and a 30-minute archival Back to the Future Night TV special hosted by Leslie Nielson. And here's something especially exciting: Stephen Clark of the excellent BTTF.com tells us (per producer Bob Gale) that the new documentary WILL include ultra-rare footage of Eric Stoltz (who was briefly cast as Marty McFly), PLUS the films have been given new HD transfers AND the film grain is preserved too! (Great Scott!!) All in all, there's over two hours of new material.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Deja vu.

Can't wait to get my misframed Blu-Ray!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.