amelie

Started by aclockworkjj, November 15, 2003, 02:02:01 PM

phil marlowe

ask her not to be annoing...

godardian

It's a beautiful movie. Sweet, but stops short of syrupy. I love it. I think both Audrey Tautou and Mathieu Kassovitz are incredibly charming and sexy in a romantic way... It's a really lovely experience. The DVD is top-notch, too.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

classical gas

i know a girl who is like amelie.  she actually turned me onto this film...

godardian

Quote from: classical gasi know a girl who is like amelie.  

That could actually come to be annoying in real life, though. Does she EVER have a bad day?  :lol:
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

aclockworkjj

Quote from: godardianDoes she EVER have a bad day?  :lol:
remember when amelie starts to cry?...everyone gets overwhelmed.

classical gas

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: classical gasi know a girl who is like amelie.  

That could actually come to be annoying in real life, though. Does she EVER have a bad day?  :lol:

she does, and you'll know about it.  but she tries her hardest not to take it out on other's.  she tends to take it out on people who are closer to her, but who doesn't?  if they're a good friend, i'll allow them to blow off some steam in my direction.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: classical gasshe does, and you'll know about it.  but she tries her hardest not to take it out on other's.  she tends to take it out on people who are closer to her, but who doesn't?  if they're a good friend, i'll allow them to blow off some steam in my direction.
more importantly...is she single?...just kiddin'.

coffeebeetle

Hey, this film is bent towards hopeless romantics.  You either get it or you don't.  I happen to be in this camp, which is why this movie leaves me feeling great hope for the world and the fortitude to continue my search for a real-life Ms. Poulain.

Thank you.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

aclockworkjj

Quote from: coffeebeetlea real-life Ms. Poulain.
yes, i think you have it down...call me a hopeless romantic i guess...but i am convinced that there are in fact girls that are just this....well, neat.  I have been watching this way too much lately, (thus why i started the thread) and each time I am still finding myself smiling at different things.  The movie is a gem like I have not known for awhile.  It stays in my rotation...

I want a girl to make me feel like .

phil marlowe

i blindly bought itcos it was cheep and cos of all the possitive talk it gets all the time be everyone. i almost hated it. it left me completely cold. the entire time i was like, what am i missing here? what am i not noticing? the one thing i noticed was that french people can very annoing.

and by the way, audrey tatou does nothing for me.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: phil is so sexyi blindly bought itcos it was cheep and cos of all the possitive talk it gets all the time be everyone. i almost hated it. it left me completely cold. the entire time i was like, what am i missing here? what am i not noticing? the one thing i noticed was that french people can very annoing.
do you think any has to do with the loss in translation at all?  I mean, i dunno how someone could call it cold???  if you don't like it, i can understand why....but cold is a interesting way to describe it.  

You can't even admit to liking it on a technical level?  Some of the shots were just fuckin' great.  even the cheesy puddle of audrey is great.

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjjdo you think any has to do with the loss in translation at all?  I mean, i dunno how someone could call it cold???  if you don't like it, i can understand why....but cold is a interesting way to describe it.  

You can't even admit to liking it on a technical level?  Some of the shots were just fuckin' great.  even the cheesy puddle of audrey is great.
you didn't read me correctly, what i said was that it left me cold. as in the movie sweetness and warmth was reflected on my skin.

i didn't really enjoy the way it was shot either, very hyper active in a very annoing way. i dunno, i remember liking jeunet in city of the lost cildren a long time ago. that was a pretty cool film.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: phil is so sexyyou didn't read me correctly, what i said was that it left me cold. as in the movie sweetness and warmth was reflected on my skin.
you are right, my bad.  never saw the other film you mentioned, but what kinda film would you consider a good "lovestory" ?

godardian

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: phil is so sexyyou didn't read me correctly, what i said was that it left me cold. as in the movie sweetness and warmth was reflected on my skin.
you are right, my bad.  never saw the other film you mentioned, but what kinda film would you consider a good "lovestory" ?

Oh, you have to see City of Lost Children.

And anyone who found the French people in Amelie annoying should never watch more realistic depictions of French people on film, let alone actually go there. They are not like Amelie and her cozy, eccentric gang.

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjjyou are right, my bad.  never saw the other film you mentioned, but what kinda film would you consider a good "lovestory" ?
LEAVING LAS VEGAS

Quote from: godardianOh, you have to see City of Lost Children.

And anyone who found the French people in Amelie annoying should never watch more realistic depictions of French people on film, let alone actually go there. They are not like Amelie and her cozy, eccentric gang.
i have been to france and it's not like i haven't seena french movie, those are pretty popular over here but AMELIE IS AN ANNOING AND DIRRRTY BITCH. thank you.