Django Unchained

Started by MacGuffin, March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

Sleepless

Or, black girls the Playlist wants to see naked.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

it is very fun to laugh at the playlist, as informative and gossipy as it is. it's like gossip without any effort to hide the desperation.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: Sleepless on June 23, 2011, 01:35:34 PM
Or, black girls the Playlist wants to see naked.

haha.

But I agree with them on Meagan Good. I'd like to see her naked too.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Fernando on July 18, 2011, 03:26:12 PM
GT's idol Kevin Costner in talks for a role.

Hahaha, love it. He's not balding enough for me now so I've moved on, but Bull Durham is still amazing.

Reel

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on July 18, 2011, 04:56:05 PM
Quote from: Gold Trumpet on July 18, 2011, 03:47:01 PM
He's not balding enough for me now so I've moved on

:yabbse-huh:

That made no sense to me either.

Does GT literally mean that Kevin Costner has too much hair these days and as a result has fallen out of favour with him? WTF?? Who even thought of him as a bald actor anyway, did i somehow miss the day he became the new Telly Savalas?

Can anyone make any sense of this? Award for the most creative responses.. or whoever nails the actual meaning.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Hah, who cares? Fernando called Costner my idol which implied emulation. I'm going bald so I made a reference to movie screen idols having to be a little more bald to warrant the tag. Pretty simple. My baldness is a Jason Statham version but I wished he made better movies.

pete

that was some footnote ridden punchline
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reel

So who is your bald movie idol, Robert Duvall?

shadow_hippie

Read half the script before I had to stop myself. Tarantino always provides one hell of a read. Not too keen on Foxx's casting, but Waltz should be excellent. Dicaprio seems like an odd choice too, but I've been wrong before.
There Will Be Bastardo

Reel

Quote from: shadow_hippie on July 20, 2011, 01:54:11 AM
Dicaprio seems like an odd choice too, but I've been wrong before.

I read your three posts, you've never been wrong

MacGuffin

Kurt Russell to Replace Kevin Costner in Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
The actor is in talks to join Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson in the film.
Source: THR

Kurt Russell is reuniting with Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained.

Russell is in talks to join the all-star movie, which includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz. He would replace Kevin Costner, who bowed out last week.

The movie is set in the American South of the 1800¹s and follows a freed slave (Foxx) who partners with a German bounty hunter (Waltz) in order to find his wife.

The bad guy list they encounter is impressive: DiCaprio as a Francophile plantation owner who forces slaves to compete in death matches and Jackson as a vile head slave who works for DiCaprio.

Coming on to the list of antagonists will be Russell, playing a character called Ace, a man who oversees the plantation in a ruthless manner and who relishes punishing slaves.

The Weinstein Co. will distribute the movie domestically while Sony Pictures handles the rest of the world. The movie is due to go into production in November.

Russell starred as a serial killing stuntman in Tarantino's Death Proof, which acted as the second half of the 2007 B-movie combo Grindhouse. The CAA-repped actor hasn't appeared on the big-screen since but has an indie football drama titled Touchback in the can.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel