Paul should use...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 28, 2003, 10:29:48 AM

Gamblour.

Any big name would be great, he'd get such a great performance out of them. Actors that could use a boost right now: John Travolta, Pacino, de Niro, fucking Steve Martin (just saw the preview for Cheaper by the Dozen, eck, sickening). I'd personally like to see Jude Law, Matt Damon, Robin Williams, Viggo Mortensen, and Miranda Otto.
WWPTAD?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreActors that could use a boost right now:
eddie murphy.  timothy hutton.

The Perineum Falcon

My votes:

Vin Diesel & Ben Affleck
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ranemaka13Vin Diesel
sorry...but....no.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ranemaka13Ben Affleck

I have faith in PTA, but not enough to make Affleck act anywhere near good. I saw the trailer for Paycheck...omg, so horrendous, it looked like a satire of a trailer.
WWPTAD?

meatball

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

godardian

Quote from: StefenI would love to see Amy Sedaris in a PTA flick.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! A fellow Amy Sedaris fan!!! Her brilliance goes too untapped and unnoticed, especially after the canellation of Strangers with Candy. I mean, guest spots no Just Shoot Me? She deserves more and better!

I'll heartily second Naomi Watts.

And add John Goodman.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

All four from Lost in Translation: Murray, Johanson, Ribisi, Faris.

Pubrick

paul should use me.

and then throw me away.
under the paving stones.

meatball

cine

Quote from: meatballMichael Jackson.
PTA: I'd like you for my next movie, Mr. Jackson.
MJ: Well I have too much on my plate right now. All this media attention.  Plus I'd need 30 million dollars for it.
PTA: Oh. Well then.
MJ: But if you bring Jeremy Blackman, we can call it even.
PTA: Deal. He's not doing anything right now anyway.
MJ: Oh, he will be soon enough. But change anything to anyone. :uncomfortable laughter:
PTA: Yeah... So. Bye.

molly

guys, what do you think about Michael Jackson?

cine

Move that question into Idle Chatter as this is a good thread and doesn't need to be soiled by opinions on the guy.
EDIT: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4658

Ernie

I always end up just naming my favorite non-PTA-regulars....

-Ben Stiller
-Brittany Murphy
-Gwen Stefani
-Johnny Depp
-Robin Tunney
-Zooey Deschanel

Especially Gwen Stefani.....I don't think he's directed a musician-turned-actress yet...I think that might be interesting. Oh and also, that funny kid from Arrested Development, the one that has a crush on his cousin...I wanna see that kid in a PTA film, I hope he's goin places, cause he's a genius I think, he is only equaled by David Cross in that show. His facial expressions and reactions rival Ben Stiller's.

As for the recurring guys: PSH and JCR of course BUT on screen TOGETHER this time for once....they're never on screen together in any of his films for more than like 5 seconds. Seriously, I want a film where they actually interact dammit, they might be incredible together, I couldn't see why not. That would be amazing.

As for a challenge or two: Helen Hunt, if he can make me like her for just one millisecond, I will have underestimated him once again, if he can work around all of her lame sappy tendencies, I would be more than surprised. Also - Vincent Gallo...he's a great fucking actor but I'm always hearing about how much of an asshole he is, I think it'd be interesting to see PTA try and direct him.

Then for a big comeback: Cybill Shepherd - she's too gorgeous and awesome to just fucking wither away after a canceled funny sitcom. If he doesn't bring her back then I will have to. You'd have to beat me half dead to make me admit how many times I have watched Gamblor's avatar play over and over and over again...seriously, it's kind of pathetic...she's an angel. Oh and he can't forget Corey Feldman either, he was a cool kid, no joke...I have no idea if he was a good actor, he might just have been playing himself in Goonies, but he's funny and cool as cool.