Started by picolas, February 11, 2009, 03:49:55 AM

N

Quote from: Pedro on April 28, 2015, 07:58:00 PM
Quote from: 03 on April 28, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
n i met neil hamburger and told him a joke.
I'm going to invite myself to this exchange.

I've met with Neil Hamburger twice, after each time I've seen him.  He breaks character immediately after the show and is such a kind guy.  He's a musician first and foremost and it shows in both his comedy and the conversations I had with him, however brief.  There was an awful pop-punk band performing before one of his sets and he had nothing but complimentary things to say about them.  He wasn't lying--rather, he found all the positive things he could to say about the group.

The first time I saw him I was 17, stoned, with hair down to my shoulders. During the set he called me "whatever the fuck this thing is."   I was young and so a little bummed, but I understood.  After the set, he said hi and said "hey, sorry I was just being an asshole."  Then he initiated a group hug with me and my best friend.

Damn that's awesome. He seems like a top guy. Hilarious too. Looking forward to seeing Gregg in Rick Alverson's new movie.

What was the joke 03? Will it work in text?

neil hamburger came to a dive bar in downtown mobile alabama shortly after i got out of jail.
i'd been listening to his comedy thanks to xixax legend SLEUTH for a long time, and was completely flabbergasted to hear he was coming to a place as small as this. a couple punk bands played before him at this show also, pedro. that's crazy.
i was friends with the owner so i got to chill upstairs before his set with him, and he is just the most respectful, nicest dude ever. he's so fuckin cool. he's just smooth man. anyway, he went on, and fuckin killed it. there were maybe 30 people there because no one had ever heard of him except me and a couple local comics. when the show ended i helped him and his buddy pack up his equipment and i was so wasted i told him a joke while doing an impersonation of him and at the end he gave me a huge hug and got into a super tiny car.
i had to ask my friend to remind me of the joke. if you don't know neil hamburgers style of comedy you might find this offensive so:

what kind of underwear does president barack obama use?
well 100% cotton of course to pay tribute to his ancestors merggghhhhh. *drink slosh hand gesture*

he appreciated it.

Reel

Am I mistaken or did N have the EXACT avatar RK is now using about a week ago. I can't see myself getting those two members confused with eachother. Anyways, now I have to ask where it's from.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Reelist on October 09, 2015, 12:38:42 PM
Am I mistaken or did N have the EXACT avatar RK is now using about a week ago. I can't see myself getting those two members confused with eachother. Anyways, now I have to ask where it's from.

I've had it as my iPhone lock screen for a year or two*. It's kind of perfect. It was made by Jared Lyon. Probably goes without saying that it's the carpet from the Shining blending into the tile from Twin Peaks.

*Eventually my girlfriend bought me a shining carpet iPhone case so now my phone makes me look like a man obsessed.

Reel

That's weird. Must've just been a glitch on my phone because your avatar was showing up as this:

I'm stymied.

RegularKarate

That's N's current avatar. What does N's show up as now?

N

Robyn

Reel

At first glance I thought that was Alex Jones

Robyn

I had to check who that was. Should I know this?

polkablues

It's better for you that you don't.
My house, my rules, my coffee