Started by picolas, February 11, 2009, 03:49:55 AM

Reel

alright, I can't look at Mac's av any longer without asking WTF IS THAT FROM?!?!

mogwai

That's from "Jacob's Ladder".

Mel

You are not worthy of experiencing my bunnies - say goodbye to long ears and button eyes.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

Frederico Fellini

My avy accurately reflects the way I feel when I'm on this site.  #Ijustwannagetmypostsright
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

jenkins

watched grey gardens at lacma and fell in love with it all over again, naturally. then i watched the beales of grey gardens and that music scene... [i'm feeling emotional]. a movie about what life and living can do to you -- what better one is there?? wanted little edie with me for a spell. little edie, jenkins (random), and my constant feeling of being a stranger. yup

woulda chosen this if you could read the subtitle in av size. also, the music scene:

k

Mel

All hail lack of articles!
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

mogwai

I'd like to know if N's avatar shows a real cat being strangled or if it's fake?

jenkins

^i don't remember the cat and i hope the cat's alright

example of a pic on my desktop "just waiting to be" an avatar

ps while making this post, i had the realization that today i've been oversharing on xixax, including two comments on what i see on my frickin' desktop. what a doofus

polkablues

There have been serious talks about renaming the site "Jenkins<3's LiveJournal". Serious, serious talks.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

i wonder what the "number of other people talking about movies" would be. the same? i'm feeling emotional

N

To quell any further concerns, my avatar is a screencap from Spirit of the Beehive, if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

Don't know how Erice treated the cat or got it to make that face, but he seems like a nice guy.

Reel

I feel pretty badass for being able to place putneyswipe's av so quick. KOYAANISQATSI!!!!

putneyswipe

Yeah last year in class I watched it for the first time and right in the middle of the "grid" sequence with the sped up time lapse city craziness theres a random slo-mo shot of this funny looking guy strutting toward the camera, sort of posing and trying to look cool

my teacher pointed it out afterwards and it stuck with me

n i met neil hamburger and told him a joke.

Pedro

Quote from: 03 on April 28, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
n i met neil hamburger and told him a joke.
I'm going to invite myself to this exchange.

I've met with Neil Hamburger twice, after each time I've seen him.  He breaks character immediately after the show and is such a kind guy.  He's a musician first and foremost and it shows in both his comedy and the conversations I had with him, however brief.  There was an awful pop-punk band performing before one of his sets and he had nothing but complimentary things to say about them.  He wasn't lying--rather, he found all the positive things he could to say about the group.

The first time I saw him I was 17, stoned, with hair down to my shoulders. During the set he called me "whatever the fuck this thing is."   I was young and so a little bummed, but I understood.  After the set, he said hi and said "hey, sorry I was just being an asshole."  Then he initiated a group hug with me and my best friend.