Started by picolas, February 11, 2009, 03:49:55 AM

Reel

hey Pozer I like that new modified av, who is that mofo anyway?

Pozer

well thanks. the story of my av guy is almost as exciting as why p sometimes uses caps lock in his postings. many moons ago after tiring of my original av (i believe it was simply the word "POZER" all obscured or something) i did a google image search of the word . . . you guessed it: pozer. an attempt to find something more imaginitive turned belly-up. now at the time someone round these parts had an av of an oldtimey bloke (i believe it was charles fort of charles fort??) so for that reason i suppose this 18th century fella here who turned up in the image results called out to me (sheesh what a poser!). his name was christian henry pozer and he was a canadian politician and who he was meant nothing i just liked the look of his b&w portrait.

here's a few classics of ol poz that should be more entertaining than the story of how he came about

alrite let's hear more splainin of your guyses.

Reel

haha, thats really funny! I always thought since he had such a dignified look that he was some sort of philosopher, which led to me taking some of your posts more seriously than I should have.

I don't really have an interesting story about mines either, I just like movies.

Reel

stefen, whose that rapper in ur new av? I should know it, he looks so familiar. It's sad to see the other guys go, weren't you holding a record for longest running av on the site? They should make a resurgence someday, if you feel comfortable.

Pas

Isn't it the dude from Wire season 1... Avon Barksdale?

Stefen

It's Avon Barksdale, son!

Yeah. Had that last one since 2004. Saw this, thought it was cool and said why not. The Wire >>>> everything else. I'll probably go back soon.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reel

ohhh ok, it makes a lot more sense now that I know where it's coming from. It's cool, you should keep it.

Pas

Quote from: Reelist on February 20, 2011, 12:10:00 PM
ohhh ok, it makes a lot more sense now that I know where it's coming from. It's cool, you should keep it.

yeah keep it, it's really good

squints

man i just watched through season 1 and 2 and holy shit thats an awesome scene! I love how its all in slo-mo, great f-in show. On season 3 right now, the only one i've only seen once. Seriously, the best show ever. Righteous fucking AV stefen.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Nice new avatar GT.

I think Kevin Costner gets bad press but he's great. The Postman was a good movie too, why does everyone hates it?

Gold Trumpet

Thanks. Haha, don't put me into a corner to defend The Postman. Either way, I have no huge critical feelings about the film so I will not easily trash it or recommend it, but I love Bull Durham and Crash Davis as a character. In all my movie viewing years, he's still a rare character I love as a character and also emulate. It's easy to emulate when you're younger, but those feelings die off. Crash Davis is always a great character for me to like still.

Pas

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on March 21, 2011, 06:35:09 PM
Haha, don't put me into a corner to defend The Postman.

Haha fair enough! I once lent it to my grand dad and he accidently watched the second VHS tape first so he couldn't figure out the story. He said he liked it but I could see he just watched it to please me. Nice of him really.

Reel

Sleepless, good av. I saw that movie, whats that movie?

polkablues

It's from Ken Loach's Kes, innit?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

Yes! I remember catching it late one night on TCM, awesome.