Started by picolas, February 11, 2009, 03:49:55 AM

picolas

put your official explanations for mysterious/amazing/generally interesting avatars here or request others.

Hedwig: explain!

Gold Trumpet

Criterion cover of Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood. I thank Sphinx for removing the original title and markings. He did it as a favor to me right before he left the board for good and I'm still grateful. The irony is that I never considered the film a masterpiece at all. There are much better Kurosawa films and even a better Kurosawa Shakespeare adaptation, but I just liked the cover and figured it fit my persona on the board.

hedwig

picolas

i know THAT! where's it from/who made it is my q.

hedwig

private witt

"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

matt35mm

Mine's from the last film I directed - Animal Brains.  You can view the film by clicking on the link in my signature!

Pas

picolas

Quote from: Hedwig on February 11, 2009, 01:08:42 PM
it was made by S-rof from Denmark.

how about yours?
some of those are great!

i got this one from a video game blog. the faces we make when playing video games are FASCINATING to me. and the new york times: but i've had it for far too long.

private witt

Quote from: picolas on February 12, 2009, 01:44:16 AM
i got this one from a video game blog. the faces we make when playing video games are FASCINATING to me. and the new york times: but i've had it for far too long.

That's pretty frightening.  Those kids looked either like they were drugged into a stupor or were enthralled with the joy of killing something.  Now I understand why when I was a kid my mother would kick me outside after more than an hour of video games.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Pas

Just realized what RegularKarate's avatar is from and I think it's brilliant. Where did you find it? did you do it yourself?

RegularKarate

Thanks, I didn't make it, it's part of a four panel thing that this artist did.  I really liked it and just picked one of them.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

The Room!  

Oh man, I didn't realize it either until just now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Never saw that movie. Not ashamed

(unless I said I did)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.