Current top fives

Started by Ernie, February 20, 2003, 08:42:23 PM

Fernando

guys
1. leo di caprio
2. tom cruise
3. brad pitt
4. george clooney
5. tony soprano! (best performance by anyone on tv ever)

also: sean penn, downey jr., mark wahlberg

girls
1. chloe sevigny
2. kate winslet (boo-urns to p for leaving her out)
3. kathy bates
4. laura dern
5. nicole kidman (although lately she's been doing crap, here's hoping annie hall II is good)

also: samantha morton, cate blanchett, patricia clarkson

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando on October 08, 2007, 12:01:45 PM
2. kate winslet (boo-urns to p for leaving her out)

hahaa, i knew there would be consequences! i don't know what i was thinking, she's definitely number 2. i was actually trying hard not to base the list mostly on looks. turns out that after my number one i did exactly that.  :doh:

Quote from: Fernando on October 08, 2007, 12:01:45 PM
(here's hoping annie hall II is good)

best movie of NEVER (so far)
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I like how Kal's actress list doesn't consist of the ones he thinks are the best, but the ones he thinks are the hottest.

That's pretty cool.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Oh that's how we play.  Okay:

1. Bethany McLean (the hot/ass-kicking journalist from Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room)
2. Katrina Bowden (the hot receptionist from 30 Rock)
3. That one chick on College Jeopardy like 3 years ago
4. Mercedes Ruehl
5. Jessica Alba

1. Matthew McConaughey
2. Chad Michael Murray
3. F. Murray Abraham
4. Ashton Kutcher
5. Justin Timberlake

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on October 08, 2007, 04:19:38 PM
I like how Kal's actress list doesn't consist of the ones he thinks are the best, but the ones he thinks are the hottest.

That's pretty cool.

You know me soo well :)

Its true. Some great actresses in some roles suck in other roles. But most hot actresses are hot in most roles... consistency!

Stefen

Quote from: kal on October 11, 2007, 12:53:32 AM
Quote from: Stefen on October 08, 2007, 04:19:38 PM

That's pretty cool.

You know me soo well :)

Its true. Some great actresses in some roles suck in other roles. But most hot actresses are hot in most roles... consistency!

Well, when you put it that way, I gotta agree.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

i'm going back to specific, recent to semi-recent performances instead of actors in general

actors

Sam Riley - Control

Ulrich Muhe - The Lives of Others

Robert Carlyle - 28 Weeks Later

Michael C. Hall - Dexter

Peter O'Toole - Venus

BONUS! The Guy In My Avatar - Halo 3 Commericial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_7WWO8lXE)

pre-emptive: Heath Ledger as The Joker

actresses

Katee Sackhoff - BSG

Kristen Schaal - Flight of the Conchords

Martha Macisaac - Superbad

Regina King - The Boondocks

Wei Tang - Lust, Caustion

Pubrick

Quote from: picolas on October 13, 2007, 05:16:46 AM

BONUS! The Guy In My Avatar - Halo 3 Commericial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_7WWO8lXE)

i had long given up trying to guess what your avatars were about. in the future, you HAVE to share this kinda stuff! black guy almost ruins the illusion with his one line.. your guy tho: wow. amazing, nuanced, layered performance. he's like a living, breathing field of dreams. brilliant culmination with how he says "chiefff" with so much emotion that he is in awe of even saying his name.

it's on par with the final line of Band of Brothers.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick on October 13, 2007, 05:28:55 AMblack guy almost ruins the illusion with his one line..
it's like he momentarily forgets what weapon he used.

Quote from: Pubrick on October 13, 2007, 05:28:55 AMbrilliant culmination with how he says "chiefff" with so much emotion that he is in awe of even saying his name.
i know! and at the same time he tries to hide something out of military-guy respect. you can sense the true awesomeness of what this guy did. if someone saved mankind from annihilation, that's how people would talk about them.

Stefen

I played Halo 3 at a friends house for the first time last night but ended up getting really, really sick and having to go home to take care of business. I just bought a new 4Runner (only had 97 miles on it) and I needed to use the bathroom so bad, I was thinking "I can shit myself right here if I have to. I can trade the car in at half price" that's how bad it was. Luckily, I made it home. But I only got to play Halo 3 for like 10 minutes.

matt35mm

I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.

B.C. Long

gentlemen
1. Christian Bale
2. Daniel Day-Lewis
3. Guy Pearce
4. Johnny Depp
5. Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal

dames
1. Cate Blanchett (She is seriously starting to become the female Peter Sellers, and I don't mean playing 5 characters in one movie, I mean her range, she can play anything!)
2. Nichole Kidman
3. Julianne Moore
4. Ellen Page
5. Natalie Portman