Raging Bull II

Started by theyarelegion, August 27, 2008, 07:37:27 PM

theyarelegion

RAGING BULL 2?!?!

So we have Logan's Run, Halloween, and everything but the kitchen sink getting remade, and now we're getting Raging Bull 2 based on the book. Are people just running out of ideas or what?! This will explore the "before the rage" and "after the rage" of world middleweight boxing champ Jake LaMotta's tumultuous life and times. The after period will probably have Jake in rehab. The screenplay is currently in adaption stages and the case is to be determined.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148205/

Say it ain't so? Anyone have anymore information about it? According to an online petition (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-raging-bull-2) it's being produced by Sunset Pictures.

hedwig

better be a motherfucking rumor.

i will kill if it's not. kill. i'll kill.

Sleepless

[Shakes head in shame.]

And they're remaking Logan's Run too? I hadn't heard that. Why?

That's like the sexiest movie ever.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Alexandro

what a strange idea. of course it will suck. who the fuck thinks this is going to have some sort of commercial viability?

raging bull is great because the talent involved is great and they all were at their prime. jake la motta's story is not very interesting anyway. the things scorsese, de niro and schrader chose to explore in the film is what made it worthwile, and those are very general themes regarding the italianamerican male psyche. and of course, the filmmaking itself. unless they have some fucking genius behind it the whole thing will be very boring. if they go some other way and do something completely different then who cares?

squints

NO! x1,000,000,000,000

$20 says it'll star Mark Wahlberg
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Gold Trumpet

I don't think the equivalent of a bad rumor deserves its own thread in the grapevine. Ten years ago it was also reported that a sequel to Taxi Driver was going to be made. It didn't get much believability but Robert De Niro and (reportedly) Martin Scorsese were interested to do the film. All Raging Bull 2 has is an online report with no one attached to it. Yea, it won't happen. No one should be offended...yet.

mogwai

Quote from: squints on August 28, 2008, 10:48:50 AM
NO! x1,000,000,000,000

i double it and that he'll be replaced by jared leto.

72teeth

Quote from: mog●wai on August 28, 2008, 10:56:02 AM
Quote from: squints on August 28, 2008, 10:48:50 AM
NO! x1,000,000,000,000

i double it and that he'll be replaced by jared leto.

Wrong. Thisll be Seth Rogen's dramatic go...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Sleepless

Shia. Directed by Brett. In color, cos black and white ain't cool, Dog.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

theyarelegion

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on August 28, 2008, 10:54:34 AM
I don't think the equivalent of a bad rumor deserves its own thread in the grapevine. Ten years ago it was also reported that a sequel to Taxi Driver was going to be made. It didn't get much believability but Robert De Niro and (reportedly) Martin Scorsese were interested to do the film. All Raging Bull 2 has is an online report with no one attached to it. Yea, it won't happen. No one should be offended...yet.

You post like you take it up the ass.

hedwig

that's not necessary. everything GT said was valid and not offensive at all. what's the deal, theyarelegion?

theyarelegion

I was joking and just thought it was a lighthearted way of tying in a Raging Bull quote ("You punch like you take it up the ass") inoffensively. Sorry if it came off dickheadish. & in response to what Gold Trumpet said, I felt I could post this thread in here because Sunset Pictures are behind the production of the film, granted no talent, etc. are attached yet.

theyarelegion

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: theyarelegion on July 14, 2009, 10:39:47 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148205/ looks like this is going ahead...

It's just Imdb creating a page. Means nothing in the real world. When real news reports from legitimate sources start coming out, then worry. Usually Imdb has no better sources than any of us for what is and isn't being made. They may have seen some old rumor reports and felt they warranted a page with little information. But until something concrete comes out, this is just a fantasy sequel.

There, a disclaimer from moi that doesn't hopefully rile you up too much.

theyarelegion

Riled up? The "take it up the ass" thing? Again, it was a joke... Anyway, hopefully this is just a fantasy sequel.