Bottle Rocket

Started by Spike, May 09, 2003, 02:02:32 AM

hedwig

i recently decided that Bottle Rocket has the best soundtrack of all the wes anderson films. Except, of course, for Life Aquatic....

.... with Steve Zissou

hedwig

I just read the script (parts of it, at least) and, wow, the last scene is so well-written:

Bob and Anthony slowly half-smile. They wave to Dignan as
the line of inmates turns away. Anthony looks to Bob. Bob
smiles.

The line of inmates stops about fifty feet away. Dignan
looks back. Anthony looks at him. Dignan's expression has
changed. He wasn't expecting them to see it. His eyes look
cold. Anthony puts his hand on the fence. Dignan turns and
the line of inmates disappears into the cell block.

Anthony stands there in silence.. He lets go of the fence.

He walks with Bob down the long path in the cold air.

Redlum

Oh boy. Thats great. One of my favourite endings of all time.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

hedwig

Quote from: ®edlumOh boy. Thats great. One of my favourite endings of all time.

Same, and although the sharp cuts at the end of Rushmore and TRT, I think the fade works nicely at the end of Bottle Rocket.

And the description of his eyes being "cold" in the last scene makes me look at it a bit differently than I used to.

Beautiful.

tpfkabi

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115734/goofs

i told them about the 5th one down a few months ago and i just remembered to check.

i made the imdb.........sorta :roll:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

KingBlackDeath

he said he was going to use that 'billy the kid' song that he uses in tenenbaums at the end of bottle rocket but couldn't get the money for it and when I heard that it all made sense because I loved the ending but the music pretty much ruined it for me cause it's like this coyote thing and all eerie (which I feel doesn't fit) instead of sort of bittersweet like that 'billy the kid' track is and I wish to god he could have used that song instead cause it would have been so much better, at least in my opinion
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Myxo

I've still never seen this and people tell me it's really good. Am I in denial? Someone help!

picolas

Quote from: MyxomatosisI've still never seen this and people tell me it's really good. Am I in denial? Someone help!
are you denying something?

Myxo

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: MyxomatosisI've still never seen this and people tell me it's really good. Am I in denial? Someone help!
are you denying something?

I think I'm denying that it might really be good and therefor watching other things before this..

cine

Quote from: MyxomatosisSomeone help!
RENT THE DAMN MOVIE.

Consider yourself helped.

Myxo

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: MyxomatosisSomeone help!
RENT THE DAMN MOVIE.

Consider yourself helped.

I just might..

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Redlum

The making of Bottle Rocket (from the above DVD) and other treats available here:
http://www.littlebanana.com/videos/index.htm
  -  George Lucas