What is so great about Quentin Tarantino?

Started by Fame, August 26, 2003, 05:25:52 PM

Fame

I am curious to everyone's favorite thing about the writer/director/actor.  What makes his movies watchable and why does he have a fan following?

And where is his best interview located on the web?  I've been looking, but all I get are crappy 2 paragraph interviews.

MacGuffin

Quote from: FameAnd where is his best interview located on the web?  I've been looking, but all I get are crappy 2 paragraph interviews.

Is there a specific interview related to one of his films you are looking for?

I recommend this book:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fame

I was looking for personal interviews and interviews related to where he gets his ideas, what's his secret, is he available.....that kind of stuff.

Thanks for the book idea, I'll look into it.   :-D

Cecil

this one is good. its a transcript of his appearance on the charlie rose show, which you can watch on the pulp fiction se dvd

pete

I think he's the flashiest of all current directors right now.  he likes to remind the viewers that they're watching a movie through references, homages, reviving old "dated" techniques (split screen and the likes), catchy dialogues, tongue-in-cheek humour ("in-jokes") and a lot of humourous violence.
also he's seen a ton of different movies and he's very good at mixing them all up.
I remember loving him in high school then after a while I was like, he's not so cool, he's just good at stealing from other directors, but then after watching Kill Bill, he's pretty cool again.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jasper_window

Mac recommended the book Killer Instinct which I read and loved.  If you want to read some interesting stuff about Tarantino, you should check it out.  Doesn't cast him in the most favorable light.

Fame

Looks like I need a trip to the library.  :)

The Charlie Rose interview was interesting.  It was word for word, which made it kinda hard to follow at times.  But once you get used to the Tarantino studder and interruptions, it was fairly easy to follow.  

Thanks for the help!

Feel free to keep posting why you like Tarantino or more cool interviews.