What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Ghostboy

I thought I'd start a new post to cover our discussions after viewing the movie. I just saw it this morning and....

..don't worry, no spoilers, just vague opinons...

....it's real swell. It doesn't blow your mind like the first one, at least not visually, because while the effects and technology are hundreds of times more advanced, there's nothing quite so in-your-face innovative as bullet time. But the Burly Brawl and the car chase are awesome, as expected. And the look of Zion really surprised me...it's really interesting.

The script is where the the real innovation occurs. Sit tight through most of the film and all the awkward pacing and dime store philosophy that serves as breathers from the badass action scenes...wait for the last act, which really blew me away. I'll just put it this way. Everything changes, the stakes go WAY up, and the whole universe this movie takes place on gets a far more massive and awe-inspiring scope.

And be sure to stay through the credits (all ten minutes of 'em), cause the preview for Revolutions is just..well, you'll see it. All that rain...

I think you all should be pretty happy come Wednesday night. Some more than others.

SoNowThen

I'm looking forward to it. Especially since I found out Monica Bellucci is in it. They could film Monica standing still for two hours, and I would pay to see it, because she is SUCH A BABE.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Fuck you and your review that makes me excited.  Now I am regretting not getting my ticket for Wednesday night
I like to hug dogs

polkablues

I saw the thread title and thought I had somehow traveled into the future!  Now I'm depressed.   :cry:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sal

Ghostboy, so early!  Damn.  Hopefully I'll see it Tuesday night.  I look forward to it, and I'm glad the stakes are raised.  It felt that sequels to the first movie would be almost meaningless.

Bud_Clay

*WARNING -- negative opinion..dont read if you have optimism for the film*

i saw it last night. i have to say i was let down... the soundtrack for reloaded absolutely blew as opposed to the 1st matrix's soundtrack with propellerheads, prodigy and such..minus rob zombie of course.  

a lot of the fighting sequences looked a little rediculous to me as well. it seemed liked a video game at a lot of times.

and the way they ended the movie honestly really cheapified the entire movie for me, without giving anything away.

all in all i was let down. i hope the 3rd is better and with less cgi neo's.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

The Silver Bullet

The thing that I have disliked most about the trailers is the fact that many of the clones in the brawl, and especially the agent that leapfrogs across the cars on the freeway, look very, uh, CGI and fake. Not at all photo realistic like the Wachowski's and their minions have been claiming.

Does that carry across  into the film?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Bud_Clay

Quote from: The Silver BulletDoes that carry across  into the film?

Yes. Very much so.. the trailer actually makes the movie look a little bit better.

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Banky

*******spoiler****************************************************************too much information was given towards the end.  It came way too fast and was hard to comprehend.  Coolest scene was the agent smith fight scene.  The cgi blends very well in the context of the fight scene.  The shot of the 2 18 wheelers crashing was fucking amazing. WOW!  LF has chuncked up a shit load.  I dont understand how Neo could stop the sentinals in the real world.  The trailer for revolotiouns looks really cool. All in all cool movie that doesnt come to a conclusion but than again is not suppose to.  I will be going again this weekend.  Please lets get a discussion going about all the new info that we have now found out about THE MATRIX.

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteThe thing that I have disliked most about the trailers is the fact that many of the clones in the brawl, and especially the agent that leapfrogs across the cars on the freeway, look very, uh, CGI and fake. Not at all photo realistic like the Wachowski's and their minions have been claiming.

Does that carry across into the film?

Yes it does carry across in the film. The scenes where Neo is fighting a army of agents looks real fake.

I saw Matrix Reloaded last night at 10 and did not like it at all. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Part of me disliking it so much was probly because I was a bit tired... As I dozed off sleeping with my head back many times, with my head tilted back looking at the ceiling and everyone avidly watching around me, I couldn't help but zero in on the horrible dialogue. After I started critiqueing the dialogue, eyes closed, the movie sucked that much more. The fighting scenes then seemed like drawn out, repetitive, "Look what we did action"

anyways i gotta run, but thats my 2 cents

chris

Banky

Dont give the movie an unfair review just because you were tired during a ten oclock showing.  I think you need to get that yeast infection checked out.

©brad

yikes. why all the bad reviews? it can't be bad. it just can't.  :(

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteDont give the movie an unfair review just because you were tired during a ten oclock showing. I think you need to get that yeast infection checked out.

I didn't give the movie a bad review because I was tired. I was saying that, being tired, made the movie suck even more then it already did.

chris