ST. NICK

Started by Ghostboy, July 10, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

Ghostboy

This is my new movie! There was a link to the trailer in the SXSW thread, since that's where it premiered, but since it's now been playing around the country I wanted to spread the word. Hopefully it'll be on DVD by the end of the year,  I don't know if anyone here is in Seattle, but it's playing there on the 24th, and then there'll be a swell outdoor screening in NYC on August 28th, via Rooftop Films. If you or anyone you know wants to come check it out, I'd love for you to see it....

For posterity's sake, the trailer can be viewed here: stnickfilm.com

And I just put the first ten minutes of the movie online, too: http://vimeo.com/5488075

And rest assured, the remaining 78 are just as slow and almost as quiet!

Gold Trumpet

Show it in the Upper Peninusla of Michigan! Nothing like giving a new filmmaker prominence by showing their film to the backdrop of woods and vacant lands. I do look forward to seeing it on DVD sometime, but congratulations on the effort nonetheless.

matt35mm

Really looking forward to seeing the whole thing.  Looks like I'll have to wait until the end of the year.

JG

i'll probably be around for the one in new york, i think i'll see it then!

The Perineum Falcon

Looks great, man. Congrats!

I'll be waiting for the DVD (unless you plan on showing it in Atlanta before then.......)
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

RegularKarate

FYI, I've seen this and you should too!  I'll be enjoying it again on DVD I'm sure!

Ghostboy

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on July 10, 2009, 02:49:17 AM
Nothing like giving a new filmmaker prominence by showing their film to the backdrop of woods and vacant lands.

This would actually be the perfect place to show it. I'm all about trekking in to awesome locales. We showed it at a festival in saugatak, Michigan last month, but I understand that the landscape is almost entirely different in that part of the state.

Pozer

real nice opening. looks like you done real good here. . how was it workin with the kiddies?

Kal

Great film. I'd love to see it again. I'm getting the DVD when it comes out!

Ghostboy

Quote from: Pozer on July 10, 2009, 02:53:50 PM
real nice opening. looks like you done real good here. . how was it workin with the kiddies?

Working with the kids was amazing. They're in just about every frame, and we had some animals (an entire herd of horses), which goes against the common knowledge of not working with kids and animals. I feel that adage has been entirely invalidated.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alexandro

congratulations. i'd love to see it. any chance of coming to mexico soon? guadalajara film festival? morelia?

Ghostboy

Quote from: Alexandro on July 11, 2009, 11:27:37 AM
guadalajara film festival?

I'm really hoping it gets into this one!

polkablues

What theater is it playing at in Seattle?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

I saw St. Nick at AFI Dallas this year and I gotta put in my recommendation.  Definitely see it if you get the chance!