PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinxand then they can extract the dvd image from there, and encode it to other formats.

Not easy to do.

sphinx

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanNot easy to do.

indeed, especially with the dvd format.  if you have the right vob software, which i do, it's a snap.  now someone wire me $500 so i can go buy a dvd drive.

bonanzataz

he, xix, i know it's quite a bitch since it's such a big file, but once you get it, would you be able to post it in the original mpeg-2 format? i'd like to burn that to a dvd.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

blu

what's funny is the trouble you guys are gonna go through for a three stooges bit.  

boink, yayayayayayaa. oh a wise guy! poke boink hey mo hey mo!

Newtron

Quote from: bluwhat's funny is the trouble you guys are gonna go through for a three stooges bit.  

boink, yayayayayayaa. oh a wise guy! poke boink hey mo hey mo!
What's really funny is your face.

blu

Quote from: Newtron
What's really funny is your face.

do i know you, tard?

didn't think so.  go do your dance, pointer sista.

Alethia

i think i peed a little.....

EL__SCORCHO

Ernie

This sounds cool...can't wait to see it.

Pozer

I knew it! I just knew some sort of junior high spat would even break out on a simple thread like this.

some of you guys are a riot

chainsmoking insomniac

I think they're annoying. They should go start their own thread and talk about how madly in love they are with each other.  :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

blu

Quote from: poserI knew it! I just knew some sort of junior high spat would even break out on a simple thread like this.

some of you guys are a riot

you are right.  am am sorry

Recce

Quote from: depooteragain, this is no joke. Robert Smigel hosted a stand up concert in New York (which was taped for a tv special). PTA shot a short film to be included when shown on TV.

Quicktime would be great, but like I said, I don't know how to transfer a DVD-R to quicktime (especially since I don't have a DVD in my computer). Any help would be appreciated in terms of my options to get it up for all of you to see...

Assuming you have a computer equiped with a capture card and a digital camera, you can capture the DVD footage directly to your computer. Simply hook up the analogue cables(red white and yellow) from the DVD player(still in the export side, like it was going to your tv) to your camera using the cameras cable(the ones for TV export). Connect the firewire to your camera and use whatever program you use and go to capture footage the same way as you usually would. Play the DVD in your dvd player and it should play on your camera and capture on your computer. At least it does for me. If you try to record on your camera, though, it'll give you a 'record inhibited' message or something to that effect, but it doesn't stop you from capturing.

This also works for capturing footage directly from television.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

sphinx

hmm, yeah, i could actually do that myself with my camera!  i doubt that pta sent greg a dvd with copy protection on it, so it could work.

Xixax

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: sphinxand then they can extract the dvd image from there, and encode it to other formats.

Not easy to do.

Naah, I do it all the time. As long as the DVD isn't copy protected or region coded (and most any DVD-R will not be because the software to do so is megabucks) then it's easy.

True, with movies it's harder. Then you have to capture ANALOG via Svideo cables (shiver)...  :-D
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]