The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

modage

Mark Frost interview:
http://tvline.com/2014/10/06/twin-peaks-showtime-cast-new-episodes-spoilers/

Cynicism about whether it'll be any good/live up to the best of the original series aside, we are getting 9 hours of David Lynch film (10 whole years since Inland Empire). This is amazing.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

YES.

beyond excited for this news, specially that Lynch is directing everything and that is happening at an uncensored network.

I hope they bring in Angelo Badalamenti.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Is it weird that I'm very much looking forward to revisiting the color palette of the show?

wilder

The Fate Of 'Twin Peaks' Characters To Be Revealed In Book Coming In 2015
via The Playlist

Fans of David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" were left wanting more—so much more—when the show went off the air in 1991 after only two seasons.

Now, THR reports that there's even more on the horizon for sore enthusiasts. Lynch's co-creator and executive producer, Mark Frost, has written a book that reveals what the residents of Twin Peaks have been up to these 20-plus years the show has been off the air. This news, of course, follows closely on the heels of another major "Twin Peaks" announcement—that the series is returning to Showtime in 2016, at least for a nine episode run.

Frost's book, "The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks," promises to dig deeper into the murder mystery that kicked off the series in 1990. The writer/co-creator claims, "This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new. I couldn't be more thrilled."

Equally thrilled fans needn't worry about having to wait until 2016 to read the book. "The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks" will be published by Macmillan subsidiary, Flatiron Books, and is due to his shelves in 2015, well before the Showtime episodes premiere. International fans don't have to worry about tracking down this read, as publishers have already been confirmed in European and South American markets, including Brazil, Italy, the U.K., and Germany.

Tortuga

I finally saw the Fire Walk With Me deleted scenes. Many wonderful moments in there, but it's usually clear why they never made the final cut. The emphasis on Laura's drug habits were particularly bleak.
I was surprisingly fond of the dinner-table sequences. The whole bit with HUNGRY Leland, as ridiculous as it seemed in the trailer, turned out to be fun and warm. Combined with the Palmer family playfully learning to introduce themselves in Norwegian, it would have been a nice sequence to introduce these characters and their family-relation (as their interpersonal relationships will, as we know, shift quite dramatically in the hours that follow). Then again, such exposition would only make sense for it as a standalone film, I guess...

In other news/speculation

http://io9.com/david-duchovny-hopes-to-return-as-denise-bryson-in-twin-1683087602

QuoteFirst X-Files, now this. The new Twin Peaks is set to premiere some time in 2016, and members of the original cast are slowly signing on for the show's return. Will David Duchovny reprise his role as DEA agent Denise Bryson?
"Seems like it," Duchovny told the L.A. Times, in response to a question tacked on to the verrrrry tail end of his interview with Carolyn Kellogg about his newly published novel, Holy Cow. "I would bet on it if I were you. I think Twin Peaks is happening for sure. I hope my character comes back, I think she does. And then X-Files — Fox made some kind of shadowy announcement last week. Certainly, something's happening. Something's brewing. It's like the Eagles' greatest hits tour ... by me."

(definitely speculation)

wilder

David Lynch Confirms He's Pulled Out Of Showtime's 'Twin Peaks' Revival
via The Playlist

Final Update: David Lynch has confirmed the news himself, though he suggests Showtime could go on without him. And given all the contracts and negotiations over the last year, the cable network is probably within their legal rights to do so. Lynch only ever directed five episodes of the original "Twin Peaks" series that ran two seasons long and was canceled in the summer of 1991.

QuoteThis weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.

— David Lynch (@DAVID_LYNCH) April 5, 2015

I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.

Dear Twitter Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks.

Original story: There's no official word yet, but reports are coming out of WonderCon in Anaheim that the revival of David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks" has been canceled. All we have to go on so far are some tweets (via Business Insider). Apparently the information is coming from three separate convention attendees, but where the original source is from or who said it is unknown at the moment, but the rumors to seem to be spreading. Lynch cast some doubts of the "Twin Peaks" return just a few weeks ago, cautioning, "I haven't returned yet. And we're still working on the contract," the director said in mid March. Haggling over DVD and streaming sales reportedly was part of the contract hold up.

here reports were quickly refuted by Showtime. Source told EW: "Nothing is going on that's any more than any preproduction process with David Lynch. Everything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited."

If "Twin Peaks" does make it through its contract problems. Kyle MacLachlan, Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee and more are expected to return. Initial Showtime reports had "Twin Peaks" schedule to debut on the cable channel in 2016 with Lynch directing every episode. While Lynch has made lots of video shorts or directed video documentaries ("Duran Duran: Unstaged" for one), a new "Twin Peaks" would be his first narrative effort since 2006's "Inland Empire." Let's hope for the best.

QuoteBreaking news out of WonderCon: Showtime has apparently pulled the plug on the new Twin Peaks TV series. No word yet as to why.

— Bill Hunt (@thedigitalbits) April 5, 2015

David contacted cast members today to inform them Showtime pulled the plug.

— Twin Peaks Festival (@TwinPeaksFest) April 5, 2015

I've got bad news. No official word yet, but it looks like the Twin Peaks on Showtime deal is dead. But remember, Twin Peaks will never die!

— Twin Peaks (@ThatsOurWaldo) April 5, 2015

Update: The Twin Peaks Festival Facebook page claims to have received first hand information from Lynch's office that says he has left the project (seemingly because of budgetary reasons) and suggests "Twin Peaks" could still happen on Showtime without him. Though, what is "Twin Peaks" without David Lynch?

Sleepless

Let's just hope that this is all a negotiation tactic. History shows us what a Lynch-less TP would be like. If he's not involved, let's just scrap the revival mmmkay?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

This would never happen, but I would love to see either Peter Greenaway or Guy Maddin take on Twin Peaks.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

IF Lynch by some miracle returns to do this my faith in humanity will be restored.

Garam

David Lynch on twitter earlier today

QuoteDear Twitter Friends, the rumors are not what they seem ..... It is !!!
Happening again. #TwinPeaks returns on @SHO_Network

at least until his menstruation cycle resets again anyway...

Sleepless

It's a bad day for "Twin Peaks" fans.

In news that just surfaced, series co-creator Mark Frost told the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in June that the series won't return until sometime in 2017.

"A lot of people always look back at 'Twin Peaks' and say that was the start of this explosion we've had in good television drama, but we did it in a time when there were still only three networks," said Frost. "The challenge for us is to try and come back and raise the bar above what we did the last time. We're coming back with season three of 'Twin Peaks' after a 25-year absence. We've finished the scripts, we start production in September, and that will be coming out on Showtime sometime in 2017."

The revival, announced by Showtime in October, was originally slated for a 2016 premiere.

The original series ran from 1990 to 1991 on ABC, following a quirky FBI agent investigating the murder of a young woman in the fictional Washington town.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Fernando

jenkins

when looking up episode numbers (does 18  = 4 1/2 months of release?), release dates (January expected), i read about this, these books:

Quote10. Is the Twin Peaks revival a proper sequel?

"It is not a remake. The story continues. The seeds of where we go were planted where we've been."

Mark Frost will write a book called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, bridging the gap between then and now.

"This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new," Frost said.

It'll nestle nicely on our bookshelves between The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Jennifer Lynch (David's daughter) and The Autobiography of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes by Scott Frost (Mark's brother).

Tortuga

https://www.facebook.com/TwinPeaksTV/posts/1142642569100053:0

QuoteThe cameras have stopped rolling.
A key piece of the mystery is revealed.
Welcome back* to Twin Peaks.
Jay Aaseng
Alon Aboutboul
Jane Adams
Joe Adler
Kate Alden
Stephanie Allynne
Mädchen Amick*