Fans of Deliverance, meet Southern Comfort

Started by Pas, January 17, 2009, 10:20:10 AM

Pas

Tagline : The bayou has its own law... and they just broke it.

Walter Hill directs, should be enough said for you to go and rent this if you've never seen it, but hell it's more than a Walter Hill flick. You got your social commentary, your action, your kickass characters à la Hill, everything.

Look I'm not an expert reviewer, anyone saw this and care to comment ?? I just finished it and I'm thrilled. That song at the end ''Parlez nous à Boire'' (''Tell us some booze'' would be a loose translation) is a classic where I come from. I'm from northern Quebec and the similarities between us and Cajuns are striking. Same music, same language, same redneck-ness.

SoNow, you're gonna like this one !

admin-edit: changed poster image to non-impawards. try not to link there, people.

w/o horse

I can't compare the two because I've never seen Deliverance.  Southern Comfort is good though, and its much more naturalistic than you'd expect if you expected Walter Hill to make something really filmic because of his others movies like The Warriors or Streets of Fire.  Like those movies there's a style that enhances the mood, but unlike those movies the mood is claustrophobia, paranoia, distrust, and desperation.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.