Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

blackmirror

cronopio 2

polka, i liked Laura Marling but i prefer Mumford & Sons.  I'm gonna show my dad this woman cos her music is right up his alley.

I've been listening to The Suburbs exclusively. That guitar at the end of Deep Blue sounds like when your heart breaks.  I can't think of bad song...  I don't understand the people who consider them overrated.

Robyn

It blow my mind at first listen.

Pedro

Of Montreal - False Priest

finally.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Does/could the album live up to that cover?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on August 13, 2010, 10:34:03 PM
Does/could the album live up to that cover?

Yes, it's the worst album ever made.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: P on March 17, 2010, 08:50:44 PM
i don't give two shits about the arcade fire. they can rot on the street for all i care

As the internet says, fail, Mr. P!

What an album!

Sleepless

This has been on loop on my iPod for weeks now.

I think they've replaced Mumford & Sons as my new favorite band
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

Click to listen or buy.
(I know it's a terrible cover, but it's an hour long $5 EP that no one saw coming)

squints

but is it any good?

EDIT: No, its not.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

mogwai

"Special Moves" (Live LP)

RegularKarate

Quote from: squints on August 20, 2010, 06:42:03 PM
but is it any good?
EDIT: No, its not.

I listened to it a couple of times and I think it has some really good parts.  If you don't like SS, it's not going to sell you on him and if you're the type that only likes his first two albums, you'll probably hate it too, but it's got some good to it.

modage

Jenny & Johnny - I'm Having Fun Now
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on August 24, 2010, 08:28:38 AM

Jenny & Johnny - I'm Having Fun Now

I'm anxious to hear this. I ordered the deluxe version which seems pretty cheap considering you get vinyl, cd, 3 7"s, etc.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.