Did you ever notice what the Drug Dealer was eating in PF?

Started by AnubisGOJ, March 25, 2003, 02:10:22 PM

AnubisGOJ

In the scene when Travolta's character calls the drug dealer on the phone, take a quick notice which cereal he's eating. It's an actual cereal that saw an extremely limited production run, and is considered the long-lost monster cereal.

Give up? It's Fruit Brute.... Just one of many wierd things to look for. I dunno if this was any commentary or discussion boards, but I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw it.
What does not kill you merely prolongs the inevitable.

Sigur Rós

Did you ever notice what the Drug Dealer was eating in PF?

......how is this important???......i really dont get it!

phil marlowe

MacGuffin

Quote from: AnubisGOJI dunno if this was any commentary or discussion boards, but I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw it.

It's mentioned in the Enhanced Trivia Track. QT also placed a box in Freddy's apt. in Reservoir Dogs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mr_boz

FRUIT BRUTE - there were 4 of those fucking great monster cereals when they originally came out:
Count Chocula
Boo Berry
Frankenberry
Fruit Brute
they discontinued Fruit Brute after a pretty short run, and then added Yummy Mummy in the 80s - also very short lived.  there is a fan site for Frankenberry that's worth checking out here:
http://home.comcast.net/~Frankenberryfans/bigGmonsters.html
-ccb

Alethia

Ghostboy

In the script, however, it says:

In his hand is a bowl of Cap'N Crunch with Crunch Berries.

I love how he is so specific in his scripts. I myself had some of that very cereal this morning. I don't like it as much as I did when I was little, though.

Alethia

isnt it weird that a marshmallowy, sugary ceral like boo berries is better for you from a fat and calories point of view then plain cheerios?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs