Movie Quotes You Use Too Much In Real Life

Started by polkablues, April 29, 2010, 06:54:58 PM

picolas

lately i've been referencing princess leia's "the more you tighten your grip, the more star systems slip out of your fingers." it's a surprisingly great analogy for so many situations.

and anything from the room. but "do you understand LYFE?" is the most frequent.

"wha' happened?" (a mighty wind) was a staple of my friends for a while.

and YES to the occasional "clevah girl.."!

oh and "yo ass used to be Beautiful." jackie brown. extremely rare.

children with angels

Quote from: picolas on April 30, 2010, 06:44:49 PM
"do you understand LYFE?"

Excellent! In my experience, this is an undervalued line, often overshadowed by the more famous (but significantly less genius) "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" that comes right before it.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

^ that's brilliant. is it weird that i can recognize Simon Pegg from a blurry shot of the back of his ear? i havn't seen that movie (shame of shames) and i had to verify by looking at the url.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

That's one that's worth being ashamed of.

The Perineum Falcon

"we're gonna need a bigger boat" whenever things seem overwhelming.

(jaws)
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Alexandro

Quote from: picolas on April 30, 2010, 06:44:49 PM

oh and "yo ass used to be Beautiful." jackie brown. extremely rare.

exactly. I use it too, extremely rare. it's like I don't know what persons will not take it in the wrong way.

all of these quotes, you have to do it in english, so it's also a rare occasion in itself when you are with people who will not mind that.

socketlevel

haha ya simon peg has a unique shaped head for sure.
the one last hit that spent you...

Sleepless

It's bee a while since I saw Hot Fuzz. What is that line?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Bethie

Quote from: Ravi on April 30, 2010, 12:17:21 AM
"We're gonna need a bigger boat." (Jaws)

"It's not a tumor!" (Kindergarten Cop)

even my mom says those ^.

I quote Wayne's World in everyday life from "I'll use the may I help you riff" to "I never learned how to read" and sometimes just to confuse people "I once thought I had mono for an entire year, turns out I was just really bored" 

anytime I get a house tour and it comes to the bedroom, I ALWAYS say, "so this is where the enemy sleeps?" from Almost Famous.

"I'll just walk to the curb from here" god I love when I have the opportunity to use this line

and the cliche "I'm walking here" is said often in my house.
who likes movies anyway

children with angels

Quote from: Bethie on May 02, 2010, 11:19:44 PM
"I'll just walk to the curb from here" god I love when I have the opportunity to use this line

Haha, yeah I use that one quite a lot too. Though it's one of those quotations that doesn't obviously announce itself as a movie reference, so it can seem like you're passing it off as your own joke if the person doesn't know the film - this is a moral grey area: are you required to explain that it comes from Annie Hall, or do you let your friend think that you just made an excellent funny? Ah, the politics of movie quotes...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sleepless

Another good Kindergarten Cop quote is STOP VINING
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Tictacbk

"Gimme back my son!"
"Get off my plane!"
"Welcome to Earth!"

Pas

Last night my gf made chili and welcomed me in the house by saying : "Welcome to my chili con carnaval!" in english, too.

I thought that was pretty funny/surprising of her because she never quotes anything.

That Scott Tenorman episode is so good though that it shouldn't be surprising.