The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 27, 2012, 09:59:33 PM
I just deleted three recent posts from this thread, including one of mine. We should stay on-topic here.

LOL well done.... 

But how do I get those posts back so I can start a new thread?  :yabbse-grin:

P.S: I am NOT joking...
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Pubrick

Are you drinking again?

You don't have to reply to every single post dude, but like some giddy little kid who just discovered the internet, you do. and then you actively try to goad everyone into an argument, and when they reply even in an innocuous way like jb did, you act like it's an unprovoked attack on you. What the fuck is wrong with you?

And this upvote bullshit?  Is it because no one laughed at your "joke" about how much it turns you on to see someone getting raped?

I'm starting to get tired of your bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic, and generally fucked up posts that add absolutely nothing to the conversation. No one thinks you're funny. You must have some serious problems and I'm sorry about that but try not to flood the board with them.

You've ruined enough threads with this crap and it has to stop.
under the paving stones.

malkovich

I didn't recognize Melora Walters at all until Tyler pointed it out. Are we sure that's her? That'd be awesome if it is. In any case, great trailer. The promotional material for this has been fucking ace. 0:30-0:32 is my favorite moment out of this one. PSH's capacity for nuance never fails to make me feel incredibly giddy inside.

I also just realized I started the 100th page. Wow.  :bravo: well done, guys. I remember discovering this place when this thread was around 45 pages in. So much has changed. Feel a little emotional.

...I'm actually not sure how big a deal that is.

polkablues

Quote from: malkovich on August 27, 2012, 11:47:36 PM
I didn't recognize Melora Walters at all until Tyler pointed it out. Are we sure that's her? That'd be awesome if it is. In any case, great trailer. The promotional material for this has been fucking ace. 0:30-0:32 is my favorite moment out of this one. PSH's capacity for nuance never fails to make me feel incredibly giddy inside.

I also just realized I started the 100th page. Wow.  :bravo: well done, guys. I remember discovering this place when this thread was around 45 pages in. So much has changed. Feel a little emotional.

For perspective, the CMBB thread didn't hit 100 pages until two months after the movie's release, and only reached 110 pages total.

EDIT: Suddenly, the new page.
My house, my rules, my coffee

HeywoodRFloyd

Polkablues, I love your avatar. I just keep looking at it in a trance-like state, she's amazing.

Robyn

Great new trailer. The editing reminds me of the A Serious Man trailer. I don't mind tho. That was one of the greatest trailers I've seen.

Quote from: malkovich on August 27, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

I found this board when this thread was like 20 pages. That was actually a long time ago when I think about it. Feels weird that I haven't seen the film yet.

InTylerWeTrust

"Perched as spirits, Not Beasts" - The Master

I feel like that whole Winston Churchill quote definitely relates to what (it seems like) THE MASTER is about...

Quote from: KJ on August 28, 2012, 06:17:50 AM
Great new trailer. The editing reminds me of the A Serious Man trailer. I don't mind tho. That was one of the greatest trailers I've seen.

It reminded me of that as well. The constant banging through out the trailer and using the banging as an instrument, playing a long with the music... Probably two of the weirdest trailers ever made, but both brilliant.

HeywoodRFloyd

Hey Guys,

This is the clip aired on tonight's David Letterman from The Master

Music here is absolutely fantastic, I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.

Also I'd like to thank Modage for giving the Australian 70mm Petition a shout out today on Cigarettes & Red Vines, many people have been signing, Cheers  :)

http://www.change.org/petitions/roadshow-films-australia-release-the-master-on-70mm-in-australian-theatres?utm_campaign=share_button_modal&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=27246915#

Kellen

Did anyone here get to watch the show when Amy was on?  I missed and was just wondering if they talked about the film/paul or was it just David making wisecracks the whole time?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Kellen on August 29, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
Did anyone here get to watch the show when Amy was on?  I missed and was just wondering if they talked about the film/paul or was it just David making wisecracks the whole time?

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/08/amy-adams-talks-master-on-letterman-new.html#more

^ There's the interview and the clip...

matt35mm

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/movie/the-master

Midnight tickets for THE MASTER at The Arclight in LA now on sale. In 70mm! BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY.

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: matt35mm on August 29, 2012, 09:31:26 PM

Midnight tickets for THE MASTER at The Arclight in LA now on sale. In 70mm! BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY.

I'm so envious.

I am Schmi

I'm about to buy two tickets. Have 12 minutes, where's the best place to sit? I'm considering "0 Back." Any suggestions?

malkovich

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 29, 2012, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: matt35mm on August 29, 2012, 09:31:26 PM

I'm so envious.

pretty much this

I am Schmi

Who else from Xixax is going?