Author Topic: The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread  (Read 278699 times)

InTylerWeTrust

• The Meeting with the Goddess
  • Respect: +28
Re: The Master
« Reply #1545 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »

This guy right here....
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +189
« Reply #1546 on: September 05, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »
Really Great in-Depth article.... PTA talks about the process of writing, etc. It's really long but its probably THE BEST ARTICLE that's been done on the master. (Also, it contains ZERO SPOILERS)

This is untrue.  There are things about the movie I'd rather not have known if I was trying to avoid spoilers.  It does spoil the process, so read with caution.

malkovich

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +21
    • meetmeinmalkovich
« Reply #1547 on: September 05, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
Really Great in-Depth article.... PTA talks about the process of writing, etc. It's really long but its probably THE BEST ARTICLE that's been done on the master. (Also, it contains ZERO SPOILERS)

This is untrue.  There are things about the movie I'd rather not have known if I was trying to avoid spoilers.  It does spoil the process, so read with caution.

Oh god, I've read/spoiled so much for myself already, devouring these interviews and write ups and press conferences before anyone can warn me of anything in them that could be considered spoilery  :yabbse-undecided: I don't think I mind all THAT much, because ultimately I feel I'll enjoy the movie regardless of whether or not I have a general idea of what happens, but I don't think modage's claim that "no matter what you expect, it's not what you're expecting" holds true for me anymore..

I've been loving this influx of news though.

InTylerWeTrust

« Reply #1548 on: September 05, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »

You're right. I fixed it.

Though I read it all and didn't consider any of it to really be a "spoiler". Most of it is just Paul and Joaquin talking about their process. But I guess some people would rather know less about those things. That's understandable.

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +705
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #1549 on: September 05, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
+2
Next to last paragraph alludes to the ending too. I'd stop reading before that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ębrad

• Admin
  • Respect: +224
« Reply #1550 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:37 AM »
Who here lives in NYC? Mod and I are thinking about getting some folks together for an Xixax NYC Master screening next week, likely at Lincoln Center. Otherwise we'll just go together. Mod you buy popcorn, I'll sneak in the booze.

cinemanarchist

• The Return Threshold
  • Pronounce it "Cinnamon Are Kissed."
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #1551 on: September 06, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »
Who here lives in NYC? Mod and I are thinking about getting some folks together for an Xixax NYC Master screening next week, likely at Lincoln Center. Otherwise we'll just go together. Mod you buy popcorn, I'll sneak in the booze.

I'm in and also in favor of Lincoln Square 13. Tickets go on sale next Tuesday from what I gather?
My assholeness knows no bounds.

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +705
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #1552 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

HeywoodRFloyd

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +133
« Reply #1553 on: September 07, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
Saw this photo on instagram, had to share it here because it's amazing. Everyone giving a standing ovation at the 'Official' World Premiere in Venice.

RegularKarate

• Admin
  • Respect: +211
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/regularkarate/
« Reply #1554 on: September 07, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »
Awwww, crackers!
Tickets were supposed to go on sale today in Austin... been refreshing all day... then I see on Twitter: "Due to unforeseen complications, THE MASTER cannot go on sale today. We are very sorry. You will receive a heads up when we have a date."

coke

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #1555 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
I know I actually called in to work late today hoping that they would finally go on sale and then that shit happend. I hope they do give a couple days heads up when they get it worked out.

72teeth

• noble creature...
  • Respect: +109
« Reply #1556 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
+2

HEADS UP AUSTIN!

Another great alternate cut of a great scene! GREAT!

Matt you sonuva bitch! Ur gonna be the first one to see this twice arncha!!!  :bravo:

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

coke

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #1557 on: September 07, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
hey i just checked the site [drafthouse]and theres another scorsese film fund screening just for austin on monday you can get tix now for it and there will be a exclusive clip never before seen and cut by pt himself just for austin.

InTylerWeTrust

« Reply #1558 on: September 07, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »
+2
ANOTHER NEW CLIP

Sexy and slow Tracking Shot.... Hell yeah. Good Ol' PTA Style.

Pedro

• Respect: +68
    • Facebook:  Aaron Green
« Reply #1559 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »
DID ANYONE BUY 2?!

I was buying a single, no problem, and then my thought was, y'know someone might want one.  And then it was sold out. 

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy