Peter Jackson's KING KONG

Started by Spike, December 14, 2003, 01:15:38 PM

Pubrick

he's the best and kong will rock my world.
under the paving stones.

Kal

Jack Black and Naomi Watts... abso-fucking-lutely!

cine

SiliasRuby

Quote from: andykJack Black and Naomi Watts
One Hellova pairing
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaEver since High Fidelity, Orange County, and School of Rock, I thought I'd follow Jack Black pretty much anywhere.  But not even he (and Naomi Watts) can make me want to see a monster movie remake.  I'm positive Black would make an excellent dramatic actor.  But still, this, nah, I don't know.  But that's just me not liking the genre, so don't mind me.
king kong isnt really a monster movie like that.  its more an adventure than a horror movie or something.  do you hate that genre too?

jack black rules.  neon, listen to some tenacious d and rock out with your cock out already!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Quote from: themodernage02king kong isnt really a monster movie like that.  its more an adventure than a horror movie or something.  do you hate that genre too?
Haha, why yes, actually.  Unless it's PTA making the movie.

/typical fan-boy response

Spike

Adrien Brody Also Joins Jackson's King Kong

Adrien Brody (The Pianist) is in talks with Universal Pictures to join the cast of Peter Jackson's King Kong, says Variety.

The Oscar winner has been offered the role of Jack Driscoll, a former World War I fighter pilot who is the love interest for archaeologist Ann Darrow, to be played by Naomi Watts.

On Monday, the studio announced that Jack Black will play showman Carl Denham who brings the giant gorilla to New York City from Skull Island.

Filling the Driscoll role is the last major casting to be done for the film, adds the trade. In the 1933 original, Driscoll spends much of the film trying to rescue Ann Darrow from Kong after the ape takes a liking to the beauty.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

Yes. He could get Clint Eastwood to be the bad guy.
Si

cine

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumYes. He could get Clint Eastwood to be the bad guy.
Or Charleton Heston.

"KING KONG IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLEEEEE!!!"

*Insert predictable Planet of the Apes quote here*

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Cinephile*Insert predictable Planet of the Apes quote here*

"You are a fine looking monkey!"
Si

SiliasRuby

That's great that they got Adrien Brody.

"Guns don't kill people. Apes with Guns kill people"
-Robin Williams on Charleton Heston-
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

godardian

Jack Black makes me feel a bit leery... but Brody and Watts will be fine.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: SiliasRuby"Guns don't kill people. Apes with Guns kill people"
-Robin Williams on Charleton Heston-

Oh, so true...
Si

The Disco Kid

Do we really need yet another King Kong movie? I mean, gimme a fcking break.