The Lovely Bones

Started by Ghostboy, April 23, 2004, 11:16:38 AM

noyes

i too read it a couple of years ago. enjoyed it as well.
the opening alone is great. and the end did kinda lack what made it so enjoyable in the beginning.
looking forward to this.
south america's my name.

modage

he's too young for them to be a believable couple.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

Quote from: modage on June 28, 2007, 09:32:38 AM

plan b: viggo mortensen

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on June 28, 2007, 09:32:38 AM

he's method, he's gonna become older for the part.
under the paving stones.

Kal

I'm starting to really like this guy. I saw The Notebook a while back and thought he did a good job. But then last week alone I saw Half Nelson and Fracture and the guy is really good in both. Good for him...

Pozer

viggo would be ideal i suppose, but i like the gosling idea a lot.  his emotion does not come off fake with his acting which is much needed for this type of character.  example of a cringe worthy emotional crazy person grieving over the loss of their child performance: sharon stone in alpha dog (at the end with fat suit).

polkablues

Gosling has a tendency to be way better than the material, notably in The Notebook and that horrendous piece of shit Murder By Numbers.  He even brought a raw believability to the Mickey Mouse Club that wasn't inherent in the source material. 
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Irish actress joins 'Lovely Bones'
Saoirse Ronan onboard for DreamWorks film
Source: Variety

Young Irish actress Saoirse Ronan will star alongside Rachel Weisz and Ryan Gosling in director Peter Jackson's bigscreen adaptation of Alice Sebold's bestselling tome "The Lovely Bones" for DreamWorks.

Ronan will play Susie Salmon, the murdered girl who watches over her family -- and killer -- from heaven.

Jackson penned the adapted screenplay with his longtime collaborators Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh.

Jackson is set to begin lensing "Bones" in October in Pennsylvania and New Zealand. Paramount will distribute worldwide.

Producers are Carolynne Cunningham, Jackson, Walsh and Aimee Peyronnet. DreamWorks acquired the rights to Sebold's book in association with Film 4.

Exec producing are Film 4's Tessa Ross, Ken Kamins and Jim Wilson.

Ronan, 13, has several movies awaiting release, including "Death Defying Acts," starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Guy Pearce, and "I Could Never Be Your Woman," starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd. This summer, she films "The City of Ember."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Ah yeah.

She's also playing Briony Tallis in Atonement.  She seems to be involved with some pretty respectable projects, so I suspect she's pretty good.

Pozer

Kal

Thats the future Lindsay Lohan...

Pubrick

nah i'm hoping more like ludivine sagnier.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Tucci cracks DW's 'Bones'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- Stanley Tucci is in negotiations to play the pivotal role of killer George Harvey in Peter Jackson's adaptation of "The Lovely Bones" for DreamWorks.

Rachel Weisz and Ryan Gosling will play the parents of Susie Salmon (newcomer Saoirse Ronan), a 14-year-old who has been raped and killed by a neighbor she refers to as Mr. Harvey. Alice Sebold's best-selling 2002 novel is told from the perspective of Susie, who looks down on her family and Harvey from the afterlife.

Jackson acquired rights to the acclaimed book and adapted it for the screen with Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh. Carolynne Cunningham, Jackson, Walsh and Aimee Peyronnet are producing the project, set to begin shooting in October in Pennsylvania and Jackson's native New Zealand.

Tessa Ross, Ken Kamins and Jim Wilson are producing the film, which will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Tucci's recent credits include 20th Century Fox's "The Devil Wears Prada" and the Weinstein Co.'s "Lucky Number Slevin." His upcoming films include Warner Bros. Pictures' "What Just Happened?" and "Blind Date," a remake of slain Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh's eponymous film that he also directed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

was thinking a not so familar face would be necessary for that role.  i think i had david strathairn in mind while reading the book.  but yes, indeed the tucci will work.

MacGuffin

Sarandon joins 'Lovely Bones'
Peter Jackson film co-stars Weisz, Gosling
Source: Variety

Susan Sarandon has joined the cast of Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones," based on Alice Sebold's tome, for DreamWorks.
Rachel Weisz, Ryan Gosling and newcomer Saoirse Ronan star in the pic, which Jackson begins lensing in October.

Story revolves around a young girl who watches over her family -- and killer -- from heaven. Sarandon will play the grandmother, who comes to live with the family after the girl's murder.

Stanley Tucci is circling the role of the killer.

Sarandon will be seen later this year in "Mr. Woodcock," "In the Valley of Elah" and "Enchanted."

Skeleton FilmWorks