Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

mutinyco

No, just posts like that one. Crudeness in place of a POV.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

bonanzataz

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: mutinyco
Quote from: Pubricki havn't said anything.  :yabbse-huh:

That's respect, huh?

the reason i said that was actually because i do respect P and agree with him that bullshit discussions like this ruin a thread

gentlemen, you can relax. i don't think will be possible to kill this thread for at least the next 2 weeks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Find Your Magali

Wow. ... OK, I finally saw Volume 1 on DVD this afternoon and then went to see Volume 2 tonight. ... Pretty overwhelming sensory experience. I'm mostly just struck by the absolute love that QT has for movies and the moviemaking experience. That love might pour through in these two movies moreso than any other film ever made.

Lots of more thoughts over the next couple days, as I reflect. Now I have to sleep.

mutinyco

He was so in love with movies he forgot to make one of his own.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Alethia

I know it's all opinion, but no, he didn't.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

bonanzataz

ok... WHAT?!

somebody please explain.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

brockly

Quote from: bonanzatazsomebody please explain.

Quote from: MacGuffinBILL SPEAKS: David Carradine Talks KILL BILL: VOL. 2
Source: RopeofSilicon

RopeofSilicon: Tell me about the scenes that were deleted where you fought Michael Jai White and his henchmen, and if they were even shot.

David: Yeah it was shot. There was a scene in the picture with Michael Jai White and a bunch of henchmen that was supposed to happen in a poker game, and then Quentin wrote another scene that he thought superceded that and he didn't think that he could have both scenes. So he basically cut it out of the picture before we shot it, but he loved the fight that he'd been working on for a couple of months and he really wanted Michael Jai White in the picture. So he invited him to Beijing just to do the fight and Michael said yes he would, so he wrote a new scene, but the thing is, he didn't want to let go of this moment, but it didn't really belong in the picture, at least that's what Quentin thought, but it'll be in the DVD.

bonanzataz

spanks.

by the way, michael jai white was the shit. what happened to him? after he made ringmaster and spawn i thought he was the coolest... and then he just kind of left.

Mesh

Quote from: SHAFTRMy last problem is with revealing the name, no need.  Either reveal it at the beginning or not at all; the reveal in this meant nothing.

Perhaps has been covered in this thread but "Beatrix" means: "person who brings happiness."

Nice because The Bride was going for a happy, calm life with a husband and a child, trying to escape her killer's life—trying to bring herself happiness.  The film's plot, though, is her 2nd attempt to "bring happiness" to herself and her (in her mind) dead daughter.  She also bring some measure of happiness to Bill, who, having dragged Beatrix out of a happy life, also seems satisfied with his fate at the end.  "You look ready," she tells him, just before he dies.

Then, the last name: Kiddo.  So reading her name literally, one might arrive at "One who brings happiness to her kiddo."   8)

Quote-- When Bill blasts away at the Bride, why does the daughter remain in her room? Is she deaf? If I were a little kid, and I heard a shotgun blast, I would wonder what the fuck is going on.

Sure, but you haven't lived with Bill for the 1st 4 years of your life.

Quote from: Brock LandersThen to the "anti-climatic" climax and the truth serum/Superman speech was amazing.

The truth serum bit was KBV2's 2nd instance of "Injecting Uma Thurman."  Starts in Pulp Fiction with the adrenalin to the heart, continues in KBV1 when the mosquito bites her comatose body and wakes her up (a mirror image of Mia Wallace's wake up shot, really), continues again when Budd puts her down with the tranq to the butt.  Love stuff like that.

Tangent:  When Elle was thrasing around eyeless in the bathroom, was anyone else reminded of Blade Runner's Pris death scene?  I was.

modage

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has just released their Region 2 release schedule. Titles of note include Kill Bill Volume 2 (October 11th)...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

for anyone who cares...I was just reading an article, by some historians on the history of shaolin temple and whatnot.  and in the article it traces the character Pei Mei all the way from a novel titled "Dieffenbachia" (that's the latin name for the plant--I dunno what it is in plain English, but in Chinese it literally means "10,000 years of green") in the late 1800s.  The novel had certain flavors of propaganda in there--where a bunch of shaolin monks (traditionally portrayed as good guys) were beating people up with their kungfu, then Pei Mei (literally "white eyebrow") steps in, kills them all, and then leads the army to slaughter the rest of the shaolin monks.  But then when kungfu movies made it big, the Shaolin monks are the good guys again, so Pei Mei, originally the Taoist do-gooder, is now evil.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

brockly

Quote from: themodernage02Buena Vista Home Entertainment has just released their Region 2 release schedule. Titles of note include Kill Bill Volume 2 (October 11th)...

Official release date for the R4 DVD is 22 Sept. Probably the same deal for the R1 DVD (judging by the Vol. 1 release trend), or maybe the R1 will come out 1 or 2 weeks earlier.

SHAFTR

I've thought more about Vol 2 and I really think it's Tarantino's worst work.  It's still good but I think it all unravelled in the last act.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Mesh

Quote from: SHAFTR....it's Tarantino's worst work....

Fair enough, but that's not saying much.