Music Quiz

Started by ©brad, April 29, 2003, 07:36:00 AM

©brad

Was at a bar last night and they were having a music quiz for free drinks. We got second place no thanks to me. Anyway, thought it might be fun to post it and see how everyone does. (it will probably be pretty easy for most of u)

So yeah, u get one point for each right answer. Try to do it in under 5 minutes in one sitting. The thing is, well, we have to do this on the honor system. Cheating ain't cool. For the majority here that have known eachother for the better part of 2 years or however long its been, I'm sure u guys will be fair, but for some of the newbies i don't really know yet- no cheating! just answer what u know.

oh yeah, pm me your answers just so its fair. the winner gets...uhh...well...whatever you want...sexual favors...you get... how bout this, the winner gets to choose his/her prize, and if its somewhat reasonable, i'll try to get it for u.

here we blow:

1. What did the wind cry according to Jimi Hendrix?

2. Which song starts "dirty old river must you keep rolling, rolling into the night?"

3. What hotel did the eagles check into?

4. Jools Holland was in the charts with which band?

5. Who had the 1986 album "appetite for destruction?"

6. In the Smiths what was Morrissey's first name?

7. Kylie Minogue and the Prodigy both had hits with different songs but of the same title, what was the title?

8. How many seconds featured in the 1994 chart success for Neneh Cherry and Youssou n'dour?

9. "Animal nitrate" was the first top ten hit for who?

10. What color is Paul's coat on the cover of the Beatles Sgt. Pepper album?

Sigur Rós

1. Cries Mary

2. Waterloo Sunset by Kinks

3. Hotel California

4. Squeeze

5. Guns N Roses

6. Steven Patrick Morrissey

7. Breathe  

8. 7 seconds

9. Suede

10. Light Blue

:-D

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4doh yeah, pm me your answers just so its fair.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

Quote from: cbrad4doh yeah, pm me your answers just so its fair.

phil marlowe

Sigur Rós

Oh....fuck....didn't really read that part! sorry..sorry...sorry. But anyway a quiz is a bad thing when you have the internet available.

Kev Hoffman

1. What did the wind cry according to Jimi Hendrix?

Mary

2. Which song starts "dirty old river must you keep rolling, rolling into the night?"

"Waterloo Sunset" The Kinks

3. What hotel did the eagles check into?

California

4. Jools Holland was in the charts with which band?

ummm.........Squeeze?

5. Who had the 1986 album "appetite for destruction?"

Guns and Roses

6. In the Smiths what was Morrissey's first name?

That would be Steven Partrick Morrissey

7. Kylie Minogue and the Prodigy both had hits with different songs but of the same title, what was the title?

...Breathe.

8. How many seconds featured in the 1994 chart success for Neneh Cherry and Youssou n'dour?

Seven

9. "Animal nitrate" was the first top ten hit for who?

Suede, like the material.

10. What color is Paul's coat on the cover of the Beatles Sgt. Pepper album?

Easy, Blue.

I think I got them all.  Except maybe # 4.

Sigur Rós

Fuck didn't read the part about not cheating.....I'm really really sorry!

Kev Hoffman

Not only was I late turning my paper in, I also didn't read the part about PM.

©brad

well u both r right, so I guess u both won. mogwai gets an honorary award for being the only one that followed the rules. i have another quiz somewhere i can post, maybe we can think of this one as a trial run. let me know on those prizes.

grand theft sparrow

http://www.mymusiciq.com

I got a 129, a little lower than I expected.