nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

MacGuffin

April Fool's: Trent Reznor's 'Strobe Light'
Source: Los Angeles Times

We already know that Trent Reznor was not too impressed by Chris Cornell and Timbaland's new album, but for April Fool's Day he's taken it a bit further with the "announcement" of his own collaboration with Timbaland called "Strobe Light." The title of the faux-album blinks obnoxiously at the Nine Inch Nails website, which also offers these helpful downloading tips:

To download NIN's new full-length album... enter a valid email address in the fields below. A download link will be sent to you immediately. Your credit card will be charged $18.98 plus a $10 digital delivery convenience fee. Your files will arrive as windows media files playable on quite a few players with your name embedded all over them just in case you lose them.

It's too bad "Strobe Light" is fake because some of these collaborations would've been grimly fascinating, not to mention a challenge to the most faithful of poptimists. Here is the song line-up:

intro skit
everybody's doing it (featuring chris martin, jay-z AND bono)
black t-shirt
...grinder (featuring sheryl crow) [Ed note: we had to edit a naughty word out of this one]
coffin on the dancefloor
this rhythm is infected
slide to the dark side
even closer (featuring justin timberlake and maynard james keenan)
on the list (she's not)
clap trap crack slap
laid, paid and played (featuring fergie of the black eyed peas and al jourgensen)
feel like being dead again
still hurts (featuring alicia keys)
outro skit

Al Jourgensen and Fergie sound like a pretty inspired pairing, but what about Hannah Montana and Genesis P-Orridge?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

hahaha this is trent's best work in years.

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails say goodbye to the United States

Fans surely knew the day was coming, but Trent Reznor offered a reminder early this morning in Manchester, Tenn., telling the crowd at the three-day Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival that his performance with Nine Inch Nails would be the band's last in America.

"It just dawned on me that this is our last show ever in the United States," Reznor is quoted by the Associated Press. "Don't be sad. I'll keep going. But I think I'm going to lose my ... mind if I keep doing this, and I have to stop."

Reznor noted earlier this year that Nine Inch Nails would "disappear for a while" in a posting on the band's website, but sounded a little more finite in his declaration from the Bonnaroo stage. Of course, Reznor's statements have been vague enough to not completely shut the door, leaving open the possibility for more studio work under the Nine Inch Nails banner. Additionally, retirements in rock 'n' roll tend to be short-lived, and this year's Bonnaroo saw the return of Phish, which broke up in 2004.

The Times recently reviewed Nine Inch Nails' farewell tour with Jane's Addiction, and didn't find the band's vitality remotely diminished, writing that Nine Inch Nails would be going out on a "creative hot streak." With 2007's "Year Zero," and last year's "The Slip," Reznor's ambitions, and aggressiveness, haven't shown any signs of waning. Reznor brings the Nine Inch Nails goodbye tour to Europe later this month.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Trent's recent Web 2.0 output has been some of the funnest shit ever. Everything from his twitter to his acknowledgment that he had an oink, what and waffles account has really made him awesome.

It's too bad he got shat on by the very fans he was trying to interact with.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

I've always enjoyed NIN and had more than a handful of trent's songs but recently I've become seriously addicted. Before I only had Pretty hate machine, TDS, The Fragile, and With Teeth. I now, of this morning have all of his songs and going to at least one of his final los angeles concerts in september.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 12, 2009, 11:23:51 AMI now, of this morning have all of his songs and going to at least one of his final los angeles concerts in september.

I was gonna try for the Wiltern show.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 12, 2009, 08:02:36 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 12, 2009, 11:23:51 AMI now, of this morning have all of his songs and going to at least one of his final los angeles concerts in september.

I was gonna try for the Wiltern show.
It's either that for me or the hollywood palladium.

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Anyone going to join 'Mac and Me' for any of the shows in LA?

My Collection

Pozer

i will forever think of you two together as below. Silias on top of course.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Silias is Mac and Mac is Me?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pozer

envisioned-wise, yes.

SiliasRuby

I AM GOING TO THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM SHOW. Barely got in and happy I did. Gonna be badass. Anyone else get tickets to any these last US shows??????

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Nobody, you asshole. Thanks for always being a beacon of human decency.

My Collection