The Directors Label DVDs

Started by KingBlackDeath, November 02, 2003, 07:00:11 PM

KingBlackDeath

I got the Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry dvds last week.
They were equally great. There were 5 great videos missing from the Jonze one and 1 or 2 on the gondry, but they are great.
I'm not too interested in the chris cunningham.
Are they making other ones? Anything to say?
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

Weak2ndAct

Haven't seem 'em, will get 'em all.  As for who's next, I posted somewhere else that there are sets from Fincher and Mark Romanek due in the near future.

freefood

Great DVDs... I could live without the Cunningham one though. Gondry has a great body of work. I can't think of any other video directors that would be worth making a compilation for.

BonBon85

I think Shynola would be good for this series, although since they're still creating a lot of work it'd probably be best to wait a while.

Ghostboy

Worst possible scenario (or one of them, at least: a David Meyers collection. Errggghhh.

KingBlackDeath

i wish it was possible to get all the Beck videos on a disc.
New Pollution is probably my favorite video ever.
another favorite (All about the Benjamins rock remix) isn't
in the Spike collection and this makes me want to rage.
Speaking of Michel Gondry, I'm getting tired of studios jerking
the people around with release dates on movies they're not too sure about.
I read that Eternal Sunshine OTSM is getting a limited release in Nov. and a wide release in february. if this is true I will continue to rage.
I would stage a boycott if I didn't want to see it so fucking badly.

Anyone notice that there are different beginnings to the Gondry disc the very first thing?
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

meatwad

I just bought the Spike Jonze and the Chris Cunningham discs. They did not have the Gondry disc in stock. I heard that there is some short film on the Gondry disc featuring David Cross. Is this true?

Slick Shoes

I picked up the Spike Jonze DVD last weekend. I thought it was great -- I had only seen a few of his music videos prior to this, so it was all fairly new to me.

Magazine articles always mention how he seems to have a speech impediment, but he was pretty articulate whenever you'd hear him on this disc.  

At any rate, he is less of an enigma now.

~Teen Wolf

pinkerton310

I saw the Spike Jonze DVD at Suncoast for $16.99 for anyone who cares.
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

KingBlackDeath

yes it's true there is a short film featuring david cross

it's pretty funny too. (at the end)

Newtron

Quote from: BigBadDeathI'm not too interested in the chris cunningham.
You will be.

Pozer

Quote from: Slick ShoesMagazine articles always mention how he seems to have a speech impediment

That's cause he messes with the interviewer

Hey, didn't
Gondry do the video for Radiohead's Knive's Out?

analogzombie

The Michel Gondry one is amazing. A good primer for his film coming out soon.

btw Amazon.com has all three in a set for like $36
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

SHAFTR

I wasn't going to get the Spike Jonze disc until I saw he did the "What's Up FatLip" video.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Fishbulb

I was kind of disappointed that the video for Ween's "Freedom of '76" wasn't included on the Spike Jonze disc, especially since there's a picture of it in the little booklet that's included in the DVD. I wonder what the problem was with including it.