SNL: Best of Will Ferrel

Started by Banky, September 07, 2003, 11:01:04 PM

Banky

Ghostboy

Good interview over at the Onion AV club. He talks a bit about Confederacy Of Dunces, which sounds like it's still in standstill.

tpfkabi

Chris Farley deserves a vol. 2 before W.F.

did anyone buy the CF DVD? i wondered if there were any extras?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

It's a Boy for Will Ferrell and Wife

LOS ANGELES - It's a boy for funnyman Will Ferrell and his wife.

Magnus Paulin Ferrell was born early Sunday in Los Angeles. He weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces, said the actor's spokesman, Matt Labov. The child is the couple's first.

Ferrell, 36, appeared on "Saturday Night Live" from 1995 to 2002, and had his first starring movie role in last year's Christmas comedy "Elf." He and Viveca Paulin have been married since 2000.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Will Ferrell Saves the Fly on the Wall
Source: Variety

Landscape Entertainment has set up at Universal the pitch Fly on the Wall (working title), written by Emperor's Club screenwriter Neil Tolkin.

The comedy is being developed as a potential starring vehicle for Will Ferrell. It centers on a down-on-his-luck lawyer whose life starts to take a turn for the better after he innocently saves the life of a fly.

Ferrell is currently filming the soccer comedy Kicking & Screaming for Universal.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

I realize this is unrelated to the SNL DVD, but I fucking LOVE the extras on Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Oh god I was dying at the alternate takes he does of stuff.

cine

Quote from: MyxomatosisI realize this is unrelated to the SNL DVD, but I fucking LOVE the extras on Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
Oh no you're right that was disgustingly unrelated. Don't post stuff like that in here. Find a Kevin Smith thread, at the very least.

Anyone want to discuss Gus Chiggins again? This old prospector would've been a HILARIOUS recurring character. Businesses/Corporations having to hire an old prospector for reasons unknown. It would've been great.

jonas

My favorite things are:
Fake Commercial
Devil trying to play guitar
Robert Goulet: Coconut Bangers Ball, it's a wrap!
The Conan episode when he's Robert Goulet the whole time.

I think they need a Vol. 2, they are still missing a bunch of really good skits and Commercials.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

SoNowThen

I'll say it again, just to make myself feel better:

Neil Diamond
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: SoNowThenI'll say it again, just to make myself feel better:

Neil Diamond
"Leave me out of this Niel"
"NO! I will leave you IN!"
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SoNowThen

^

Oh man, you have no idea....

I used to just break into laughing fits in public places because of this skit running through my head.

"This next song I wrote after I killed a drifter to get an erection"
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen"This next song I wrote after I killed a drifter to get an erection"
Jimmy Fallon: Hey, it's Neil Diamond!

Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond: You bet your balls it's Neil Diamond.

Fan: Yeah, Will!

Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond: Yeah... Neil!

El Duderino

i love his James Lipton...."Bernard Pivoh-oh-oh-oh-oh"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: El Duderinoi love his James Lipton...."Bernard Pivoh-oh-oh-oh-oh"
"... Match Game... that show was delightful... no, no it was brilliant... no, no, no, no, there is no word to describe its perfection... so i'm forced to make one up, and i'm going to do so right now... Scrumtrulescent. Match Game was absolutely scrumtrulescent."
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

Will Ferrell is Stranger Than Fiction
Source: Variety Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Will Ferrell is in talks to star in the comedy Stranger Than Fiction, which Marc Forster (Monster's Ball) will direct for Senator International. Variety says major studios such as Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros. are aggressively pursuing the project, which has not yet landed at a studio.

The film, written by Zach Helm, revolves around an IRS auditor whose life is interrupted by the sound of a personal narrator who knows his every thought, feeling and action, including when and where he will die.

Ferrell this September starts shooting Columbia's Bewitched opposite Nicole Kidman. His 2005 projects include the Woody Allen film Melinda and Melinda at Fox Searchlight and Universal's "Kicking and Screaming, with Robert Duvall.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.