Dragon Dynasty News and Discussion (+ Celestial Pictures)

Started by w/o horse, February 04, 2008, 12:49:54 PM

w/o horse

If an LA resident, or other, wants to see Foot Fist Way and The Blade at the New Bev on October 12 with Patton Oswalt in-person pm me and let me know.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

RegularKarate

Quote from: w/o horse on September 25, 2008, 09:40:48 PM
If an LA resident, or other, wants to see Foot Fist Way and The Blade at the New Bev on October 12 with Patton Oswalt in-person pm me and let me know.

Huh?  That is really just barely related to this thread at all.  maybe I missed something.

Also, wanted to thank you guys for the lists... I've really stacked my Netflix queue (though some aren't available).... I've really been meaning to catch up on this kind of stuff and the lists are helpful.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

w/o horse

From the new blog:

Whereas Woo doubled Vietnam in Thailand and Hung in The Philippines, Tsui Hark, who born in French Indochina, actually shot his war-themed epic, 'A Better Tomorrow 3: Love And Death In Saigon'. Tsui had produced the earlier, John Woo-directed 'Better Tomorrow' films, but, by the time the third was being developed, he and Woo had parted ways, and Tsui took the director's chair himself. In this prequel, we learn how Chow Yun-fat's character, Mark, learnt his gunplay skills from the late Anita Mui, before falling foul of a Vietnamese warlord. The film earned a place in the history books as the last commercial actioner filmed in Vietnam until 'The Rebel', 17 years later. (It's also an upcoming Dragon Dynasty release, along with the previous two films in the 'A Better Tomorrow' series.)
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

pete

- Buster Keaton

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: pete on November 25, 2008, 11:02:15 AM
bad news, yo.

UPDATE: The Weinstein Company has issued a statement regarding the state of Dragon Dynasty's release schedule and to counter any suggestion that the label is going out of business, something I did not intend to suggest in the following article. In response, I have altered or removed a couple lines that could be described as entirely speculative and potentially misleading.

Citing the general tone of the article and its assessment of Dragon Dynasty, as well as a write up on another blog that shall remain unnamed, Bey Logan, The Weinstein Company's Vice President of Asian Acquisitions & Co-Production denied any suggestion that Dragon Dynasty is "going under" and stated that none of the Dragon Dynasty staff were laid off in TWC's recent cut backs. He went on to address concerns about the label's release schedule and offer assurances that more titles are on the way.

"We have been taking stock, both as The Weinstein Company and as Dragon Dynasty, after our first cycle of business. We now have a very solid idea of what sells, and what does not, in the North American market, and we're adjusting our acquisition and release plans accordingly."

"We have SUPERCOP ready for release. I have already recorded a commentary and shot interviews with Jackie and Stanley for it. We have PROTEGE and JET LI'S THE ENFORCER (aka MY FATHER IS A HERO) ready to go, and I'm recording commentaries for them next week. We have further Shaw titles, further Harvest ones, EMPRESS AND HER WARRIORS, and a bunch of classic Jet Li films to release, and we are still aggressively pursuing titles for acquisition."

Logan's public statement confirms that Dragon Dynasty will be kicking out more titles in 2009. Off the record, he also gave credible reasons for why a couple of the label's previously announced titles have been indefinitely delayed. While this is all reassuring, there is still reason to be concerned about Dragon Dynasty's future in an increasingly uncertain environment.

If you can't trust Bey Logan, who can you trust?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

w/o horse

pete

weak, weak, alright.

protege's not an action movie though.  it's about the drug trade - the business side of it is portrayed brilliantly, but the addicts are somewhat cartoonish. 
- Buster Keaton