Quote from: edison on January 17, 2008, 04:20:34 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on January 17, 2008, 12:06:50 PM
Was the line "We must kill again," or "We need to kill again?"

Neither, "We have to kill again."

Even better. Thanks Edison.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Fernando

SPOILERS EPISODE 3

This is without a doubt the fastest hour in television right now.

Quote from: cinemanarchist on January 16, 2008, 11:59:56 PM
Watching episode 3 made me giddy with excitement at the places this season seems to be heading but it's also got me scared as to what's going to happen to a few key players.

I'm scared too for some key players, mainly McNulty and his drunk behavior and even more his insane way of trying to get money to get Marlo, that is until Lester entered the picture, that moment was priceless.

Lester: Shit like this actually goes in your fucking brain?
Bunk: Yeah, you don't wanna listen to your partner maybe then listen to Lester he has all the wisdom you need boy!
McNulty: Joke of it is, no one gives a fuck about a serial killer...
Lester: nah you fucked up
Bunk: Yeah, tell him!
Lester: No, I mean...sensationalize it...

I doubt Marlo and his gang will pay as I want them to, if at least Omar gets snoop or chris I'll be a happy man.

context, context, context.

cinemanarchist

It's OnDemand right now if you've got that. I just watched it and while it didn't get me as giddy as #3 it most certainly has its share of surprises. This "killer" has got one sick fucking trademark!!

diggler

just finished episode 4

ho. ly. shit.

my roommate and I were speechless for about 10 minutes after it ended.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

i mistakenly saw the intro for the 7th episode thinking it was the 5th and that was the craziest out of context shit i've ever seen.

edit: i've seen the first seven episodes now, and this is a different show. everybody's on mad mode. i don't know what to make of it. it's like they're trying to say 46000 different things at the same time, but it's all too insane and bleak to appreciate it.

pete

yeah, one thing that didn't make sense to me was how they made that jump and turned everyone into bunny colvin, but without bunny's dignity.  well, I guess I mainly meant the reporter, mcnulty and lester.  it's a bit less dickensonian because this episode has less observation on the American life, and more about what if every character in the history of the show got fed up and began acting out like they would on other shows - except with real world consequences.  I'm gonna wait 'til the finale to make a definite call, but so far it seems a little bit out of tone.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cinemanarchist

I don't remember if it was in this thread or not (it probably was) but didn't someone close to the show compare this season to Dr. Strangelove? Every single episode I watch I can't shake that idea and at first there was no way I thought it could be an apt comparison but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

diggler

i finished the 7th episode and i agree, this season is bonkers. i feel that if they stuck with the traditional 12 or 13 episodes they could have fleshed out the storyline a bit.  it's still entertaining as hell though. one thing i'm loving is all the references to season 2, which i still feel is the strongest of the series. i can't believe this show is ending in three more episodes. i give them props for quitting while they're ahead.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Quote from: cinemanarchist on January 27, 2008, 10:07:28 PM
I don't remember if it was in this thread or not (it probably was) but didn't someone close to the show compare this season to Dr. Strangelove? Every single episode I watch I can't shake that idea and at first there was no way I thought it could be an apt comparison but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

yeah it was writer david mills

Fernando

You guys should label your comments on unaired episodes with a spoiler warning.

I just saw the fourth so I'm way behind, and I'll wait to see them til they air, part of the joy for me is waiting for next week's ep...anyway, DAMN! Fucking Marlo is merciless, I hope he pays in the end...

cinemanarchist

Anyone catch episode 8 on demand? Woah...I'm not even gonna say anything but if you have access please check it out now. Do you think HBO is going to make a box with all 5 seasons in it? If so, what do you think it'll look like. My vote is for a stash bag.