HBO's Entourage makes me cream my pants...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM

Kal

Some info about Season 5 I found in a blog. It has some SPOILERS about what will happen. New season starts in September.

What's next on 'Entourage': Critics (including one familiar face) rip Vinnie's movie.
When "Entourage" returns September 7, Vinnie Chase's passion project, "Medellin" will get slammed by the critics – including the Chicago Tribune's film critic, Michael Phillips.

You'll recall that the previous season of the show ended with a disastrous Cannes screening of the film. The Season 5 premiere picks up on that note, and features a scene of Phillips and Richard Roeper, as the hosts of "At the Movies with Ebert and Roeper," going nuclear on Vinnie's movie.

"It's basically Roeper ripping into the film, and I have a few lines in there too," Phillips told me. He and Roeper filmed the scene a few months ago, and Phillips added that he gave his fee for appearing on the show to charity.

A Thursday press release from HBO revealed that Carla Gugino will be back as Amanda, an agent who is Ari's nemesis and Vince's former love interest. "Gossip Girl" star Leighton Meester, will play Justine Chapin, Vince's new love interest.

Lukas Haas and Giovanni Ribisi will play screenwriters who are managed by Eric (Kevin Connolly). The rapper Bow Wow will play Charlie, another of Eric's clients. Kevin Pollak and Fran Drescher will play the Levines, "a pretentious Beverly Hills couple," according to HBO's release. And – is this something you might be interested in? – Martin Landau will be back as old-school producer Bob Ryan. I particularly enjoy Paul Ben-Victor as studio head Alan Gray, and he'll be back too.

Appearing as themselves on the next season of the show are a slew of actors and Hollywood notables, including Jamie-Lynn Sigler, NBC co-chairman Ben Silverman, the women of "The View," Tony Bennett, Eric Roberts and also Mark Wahlberg, one of the creators and executive producers of the show.

I certainly hope "Entourage" returns rested and rejuvenated after its long break. Last season was, with a few exceptions, a train wreck, with tired, recycled plots and decided lack of energy.

If you're interested in a few clues about the upcoming season, here's the relevant part of HBO's press release: "In season five, Vince [Adrian Grenier] must find a way to rejuvenate his career. His best friend and manager Eric is determined to get Vince back to the top, while struggling with his expanding management company. Agent Ari Gold [Jeremy Piven], who is having a few career conflicts of his own, struggles to deliver for Vince, given the current state of things. Drama [Kevin Dillon], meanwhile, continues his successful television career while experiencing problems in his love life, and Turtle [Jerry Ferrara] is forced to reexamine his contribution to it all."

Redlum

Quote from: kal on July 15, 2008, 03:21:22 AM
And – is this something you might be interested in? – Martin Landau will be back as old-school producer Bob Ryan.

I might give it a chance.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

diggler

Quote from: kal on July 15, 2008, 03:21:22 AM
and Turtle [Jerry Ferrara] is forced to reexamine his contribution to it all."

FINALLY. they seemed to address this a bit with his whole saigon subplot, then just ditched it altogether. last season had such a promising premiere, then seemed to go nowhere (nowhere fun anyway).  i'll still watch. we'll see.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

El Duderino

I'm happy to see that they're bringing Carla Gugino back. I've never seen her in a sexier role. Also, a 30 sec. promo is up at HBO.com and shows Vince with a massive beard.

Also, it looks like the gang is jet skiing at Jurassic Park.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Watched the first 4 eps. WTF was up with that mocumentary? Waste of an episode. Things seem to be taking some time to get going, and most of the plots so far reek as bad as S3P2. There's even a slew of awful lines just stuck in the end of scenes - like Lloyd and that humdinger about positive energy in the room just moments ago. Seriously, WTF? But you know what, this is Entourage and I'm just glad to have some new episodes. So really, it's all good. Looking forward to it getting a lot better though :)
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ElPandaRoyal

I'm a big fan of the show, but I have to say, season 4 was far from being my favorite, and one of the episodes I actually loved was the first one. I even saw that again yesterday. But yeah, it's one of those shows that's always fun to watch.
Si

Sleepless

Totally. I'm anticipating finishing the season by Thursday at the latest. Very latest.

Sleepless

Just watched 'The Weho Ho'. Best episode so far this season.

Pozer

Sleepless

Done. Ep 6 onwards was all good with the exception of the one with the terror threat in LAX. Finale was awesome. I love Drama. Hope his girl hangs around next season. And puzzled as to why Turtle's girl doesn't even warrant a mention at all. I love this show.

Sleepless

I also have developed a crush on Constance Zimmer (Dana Gordon).

pumba

Kal

Quote from: shnorff on September 09, 2008, 09:40:26 PM
wow. entourage sucks now.

really? i thought the premiere was great. its exactly what could have happened and how to reboot for the season... especially the ending!