I have pictures too

Started by pete, January 15, 2006, 12:17:42 PM

pete

I dunno, I started tilting the camera a while ago, just so I could cut off things in the shot or to fit something else in, I have like a really good friend who also does that a lot too.  Also I'm a big fan of Winnogrand.
the background lighting was kinda intentional though, I guess you can't tell :(, but I was trying to make him just like an outline or something.
Anybody else have any more criticism?  I need to get back into shape.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on July 14, 2006, 03:53:47 AM
I need to get back into shape.

Quote from: Pubrick on October 03, 2005, 03:20:08 AM
combination of cardio and weights.

run 30mins (aim for 10km) one day and hav a 2hr gym session the next.
under the paving stones.

pete

- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

edison

I love you giving the paparazzi a taste of their own medicine.

Anyways, you always have really great pics to look at.

pete

for all of my recent pics, go here
I just got six rolls developed (for free!) with more to come, these are just the rolls I've had with me forever, mostly road trip pictures in Taiwan, Colorado-Boston, and Canada.

- Buster Keaton

bonanzataz

the best picture is the one of the girls in short skirts on the corner. there's a lot of movement, a lot of character, and a lot of room for interpretation. there's so much going on here, i kind of love it. the other stuff doesn't really compare to your other work. i'm not so much affected by a picture of a bird on a lamppost or a single car in a parking lot unless it's captured in a way that i've never seen it before, you know? i am partial to pictures of humanity, and you're very good at capturing little moments in busy cities. hope to see more from you soon, petey boy.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: bonanzataz on November 28, 2006, 02:53:34 AM
the other stuff doesn't really compare to your other work. i'm not so much affected by a picture of a bird on a lamppost or a single car in a parking lot unless it's captured in a way that i've never seen it before, you know?
i agree with bonz. i would also like to add one more to his list of pics that are least effective.. pics taken as you fall over.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

I really like these pictures. The one with the baby is just perfect.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

pete

- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

transvestite on the phone and dogs on a bean bag, i love it. all that's missing is a piece of bacon taped to the wall.
under the paving stones.

pete

- Buster Keaton

squints

Was that last one a happy accident? Cause it is strikingly good
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche