The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

Started by picolas, June 23, 2009, 02:14:38 PM

picolas

Here's your odd and unexpected news of the day. "Where The Wild Things Are" director Spike Jonze and comedian/actor David Cross have evidently teamed-up to create a comedy for British television. Here's the other weird part. Jonze, who hasn't starred in a acting role since his excellent turn in "Three Kings," will actually star in this as well alongside Cross.

The upcoming series is apparent a culture-clash sitcom which is titled, "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret," and Jonze will play a U.S executive who's mistakenly sent to Britain to run the company's UK division and finds himself in over his head.

The show was written by David Cross and Shaun Pye, an English actor, comedian, writer, critic, who's known for a reoccurring role on Ricky Gervais' "Extras." Cross' "Arrested Development" buddy Will Arnett will co-star as well.

Wait, is this partial b.s or total b.s.? Neither, it's golden truth. The report has been making the rounds in the U.K. and Cross himself confirmed it to the L.A. Times a week ago.

"I shot a pilot for Channel 4. And it'll air, I believe, in December. When we picture-lock on Friday, it will be almost two years to the day that I was first approached by those guys. The cast is a crazy dream team. ["The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" costars Will Arnett and Spike Jonze.]"
Man, we need to see this. When it airs in the U.K. at Xmas, someone put that shit online. Will there be more episodes? Intel is not available at the moment, but let's hope so.

theplaylist.blogspot.com

sweet lord!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pedro

So David Cross has been showing clips of this during his stand-up routines recently.  I won't get the chance to see him, but from what I've heard the clip he shows makes the show out to be "thoroughly ridiculous (in a good way)". 

God, I want to see this.

SiliasRuby

I've heard about this for such a long time. Going to be beyond awesome!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

looks like theplaylist.blogspot.com got this part wrong..

Quote from: picolas on June 23, 2009, 02:14:38 PM
and Jonze will play a U.S executive who's mistakenly sent to Britain to run the company's UK division and finds himself in over his head.

the clip shows Cross in that role.

looks good. jonze is a way underrated actor, he does spineless dweeb really well. he reminds me of Wickus in this clip, let's hope one of the poor decisions results in his DNA morphing with aliens and something hilarious happening involving nigerians. maybe in the second season they can send him down there with cross and instead of selling energy drinks they are assigned to market BUTTMASH to sub-saharan africa.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I do hope there's more layers to David Cross' character than what we see here.  He dangerously close to being the straight-man character, which would be a huge waste of David Cross.  But nebbish, goateed Spike Jonze is perfect, and Will Arnett swearing makes me wish Arrested Development had been a pay-cable show.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Spike Jonze facial hair = David Brent facial hair
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

god Jonze is perfect. i wouldn't call Cross the straight man. he's fairly ridiculous/the funniest part. i love how his monotonous delivery of insults attracts Arnett.

( FULL EP http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B54FYJ15 even though it's oddly titled. )

Stefen

Why the fuck hasn't Spike Jonze been doing more acting? David Cross looks weird without facial hair
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

dammit. i'm not sure if Jonze will be in this anymore.. or if they've filmed more eps :( ah well this is pretty great.

Champion Souza

David Cross looks like he's been eating well.  That chipmunk money must be alright.

diggler

so is this officially dead? it doesn't look like they're going to film any more episodes, which is a shame. 
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

SiliasRuby

Oh, its happening.

The Increasingly Good Decisions of More 4
David Cross sitcom set for series

More 4 plans to make its first original comedy series, picking up the David Cross sitcom The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret.
A pilot aired during Channel 4's Comedy Showcase season in November, and now the digital sister channel is reportedly in talks with a US co-producer to bring it to a full six part-series.
Arrested Development star Cross, who co-wrote the show with Shaun Pye, plays the title character: a hapless American office drone who flukes his way into a top management job in Britain.
Fellow cast members including Sharon Horgan, Russell Tovey and Will Arnett are set to return for the full season.
Channel 4 comedy head Shane Allen told trade magazine Broadcast that More 4 was the show's natural home, alongside Curb Your Enthusiasm. He said: 'It's a real passion piece for David, who's been feverishly writing away since the pilot.'
It is not the only Comedy Showcase pilot to have been picked up.
The university-set Campus, from by Green Wing creator Victoria Pile, is to be extended from the half-hour format into six 45-minute episodes to air this autumn.
Allen told Broadcast: 'It felt constrained as a 30-minute sitcom.'
Fellow Comedy Showcases Pete v Life and Phoneshop have already been picked up for series by Channel 4 and E4 respectively.
Channel 4 has now commissioned all its comedy shows for 2010.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection