Your username

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 10:37:53 AM

Robyn

I named myself after this guy right here:

If I only could answer why I did that...

Sleepless

My wife gave birth to our second kid in the very early hours of Friday morning. Another boy. So yeah, my username is now officially based on my real life.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Congrats! Now you have one to raise normally and one to experiment with.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

I thought you were gonna say you named him after me. Congratulations!!

Sleepless

Quote from: polkablues on November 24, 2013, 04:04:40 PM

Just like Pillowman!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

did i delete a post from this thread like eight years ago? or am i imagining it?

polkablues

Dude, I can't even remember what I had for lunch today.
My house, my rules, my coffee

N

Quote from: Sleepless on November 25, 2013, 08:33:19 PM
Quote from: polkablues on November 24, 2013, 04:04:40 PM

Just like Pillowman!
Haha, I didn't think anyone from here read Martin McDonagh's plays.

Sleepless

Honestly, I'd never heard of it until I saw the production with Goldblum on Broadway. Was a fantastic experience. I guess I should read some more of his plays. Personally, I'm a Pinter fan.

N

Oh that's awesome man, I wish I could have seen it.
The casting sounds great.
How was the acting, if you don't mind me asking?

I just re-read it with those actors in mind and I can imagine Michael Stuhlbarg, Zeljko Ivanek and even Goldblum being perfect for their roles.
I only know Billy Crudup from Public Enemies but I hope he did well as Katurian.

As for Pinter, I haven't read any of his work but I'll have a look at it sometime.

Sleepless

It was several years ago, but from what I remember everyone was pretty good. Goldblum was just Goldblum. If you haven't read any Pinter before, I'd recommend starting out with The Dumb Waiter, although my personal favorite is The Birthday Party.