Grant Lee Buffalo and others 90's bands

Started by Vile5, October 28, 2003, 01:12:49 PM

Vile5

there are many bands from 90's i never listened again..one of them is GRANT LEE BUFFALO, i know almost nothing about them, but i love the only song i ever listened from them "Mocking Birds" i was listening to it this morning and i started to cry as crazy (well i cry everytime i think something is beautiful, yeah i know is ridiculous :oops: ) but i adore that song, someone here knows something about them or another 90's band what is not hip anymore??
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

godardian

I liked quite a bit of Grant Lee Buffalo... I got into them around "Lone Star Song." I was never ecstatic about them, but they had some good tunes.

The really GREAT nineties bands:

and of course, best of all:

Some of these bands may have been "hip" at one time, but they've always been very, very good, regardless of public favor...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

..regarless. if you hate 'em or not ..this is the perfect example of a "hip"  cd from a "hip" band at the time.:

..and I always hated the fact that when i say i like the verve they ..think i am talking about the verve pipe..and then they start singing.."we were only freshmen"...

van gogh

Grant Lee Buffalo was an excellent band.  Grant Lee Phillips (the lead singer) is now solo and has some equally awesome songs on his cds.

Vile5

Sigur Rós

I really love both Grant Lee Buffalo and Grant Lee Phillips. I saw him live two years ago, and it was tooop nuuutch!

Vile5

Quote from: Jesus Christ Bobby!I really love both Grant Lee Buffalo and Grant Lee Phillips. I saw him live two years ago, and it was tooop nuuutch!
really?? oh god, i'd love to be in your place  :(